Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Move root disk to new identical hardware Post 303041040 by stockhes on Tuesday 12th of November 2019 04:30:17 PM
Old 11-12-2019
You are totally right, newer sparcs do not have this option

Last edited by hicksd8; 11-14-2019 at 10:38 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Move a disk to Sol. 2.6

I removed an external Sun disk (with data on it) from an old 2.6 system and added the disk to another 2.6 system. The new system seems to recognize the system (verified by the format command). When try to mount I am getting, I got the error: mount: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s6 is not this fstype. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunshine
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi disk hardware

Hi all, I purchased a pci controller card and a 3rd hard drive to put Linux on my machine. The card did not enable me to boot to the 3rd drive so I could not get Mandrake to install. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-7DXR+. Can anyone point me to a reasonable card/connector which will allow me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Move root disk to new server

Hi, I need to do an installation where I have identical hardware at both sites and create the installation at one site and take the disk to the other site. Question: Do I need to do anything special for the OS to come up properly? thanks. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: VirginiaSA
18 Replies

4. Solaris

Move root filesystem to other slice

Hi, df -h display: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 9.8G 8.1G 1.7G 84% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab 0K 0K 0K 0% /etc/mnttab fd 0K 0K 0K 0% /dev/fd swap 1.0G 152K 1.0G 1% /var/run swap 1.1G 24M 1.0G 3% /tmp /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 57G 13G 43G 24%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Move partition to new disk

Hi, The disks of my servers are getting full and I need to move the /export/home partition on to a new set of disks. I already have 2 mirrored disks and have added 2 more and mirrored them after creating the filesystem on them. Do I just need to edit the /etc/vfstab and point the /export/home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Hardware RAID not recognize the new disk [Sun T6320]

We have hardware RAID configured on Sun-Blade-T6320 and one of the disk got failed. Hence we replaced the failed disk. But the hot swapped disk not recognized by RAID. Kindly help on fixing this issue. We have 2 LDOM configured on this server and this server running on single disk. #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock123
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Lost Root Password on VXVM Encapsulated Root Disk

Hi All Hope it's okay to post on this sub-forum, couldn't find a better place I've got a 480R running solaris 8 with veritas volume manager managing all filesystems, including an encapsulated root disk (I believe the root disk is encapsulated as one of the root mirror disks has an entry under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnyd76
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move os from 1 disk to the other

Hi, I have server with 2 active disk, but disk 1 contain big part of os is falling, how can i move everything to disk 2 and then remove the disk 1? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies

9. Solaris

[solved] How to blink faulty disk in Solaris hardware?

Hi Guys, One of two disks in my solaris machine has failed, the name is disk0, this is SUN physical sparc machine But I work remotely, so people working near that physical server are not that technical, so from OS command prompt can run some command to bink faulty disk at front panel of Server.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
9 Replies

10. Linux

Move OS to storage disk

Hi We have RHEL 7.3 running from local disk and we want to move it to storage. I am unable to find any proper procedure to do this activity. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
4 Replies
RA_RGBE(1)						      General Commands Manual							RA_RGBE(1)

NAME
ra_rgbe - convert between different RADIANCE picture types SYNOPSIS
ra_rgbe [ -r ][ -e +/-stops ][ -f ][ -n frameno ] [ input [ outspec ] ] DESCRIPTION
Ra_rgbe converts between RADIANCE run-length encoded and flat formats, and separates concatanated animation frames produced by rpict(1). The -e option specifies an exposure compensation in f-stops (powers of two). Only integer stops are allowed, for efficiency. By default, ra_rgbe produces a flat RADIANCE picture file from any type of RADIANCE input picture. The -r option causes ra_rgbe to produce a run- length encoded file instead. If the input file consists of multiple animation frames as produced by rpict with the -S option, ra_rgbe will read each frame and write it to the output file created by calling printf(3) with the output specification and frame number as arguments. If the output specification begins with an exclamation mark ('!'), then this interpreted as a command spec., which is also run through printf with the frame number to get the final command. This command must accept a Radiance picture on its standard input, and may write results either to a file or to the standard output. The -n option may be used to select a specific frame for output, and other frames in the input will be skipped. Nor- mally, all frames will be read and written. Ra_rgbe will report an error and exit if the target output file already exists, unless the -f option is given. If the output file is miss- ing, the standard output is used. If the input file is missing or set to '-', the standard input is used. NOTES
The file format for RADIANCE pictures was changed between release 1.4 and release 2.0. The older format can still be read by all the pro- grams, but only the newer format is produced. This newer format cannot be read by RADIANCE software prior to release 2.0. Ra_rgbe provides some downward compatibility by producing files that can be read by older RADIANCE software. The resultant files are also easier to manipulate with programs designed to read raw raster data. The other use for ra_rgbe is as a quicker way to adjust the exposure of a RADIANCE picture than pfilt(1), since ra_rgbe only allows integer f-stop changes. In this mode, ra_rgbe should be used with the -r option. AUTHOR
Greg Ward ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
Work on this program was initiated and sponsored by the LESO group at EPFL in Switzerland. SEE ALSO
pfilt(1), printf(1), ra_xyze(1), rpict(1) RADIANCE
1/23/98 RA_RGBE(1)