Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kill -9 -1 combination
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Kill -9 -1 combination Post 303040982 by alexcol on Monday 11th of November 2019 03:12:59 PM
Old 11-11-2019
Good afternnon:

Thank you very much all of you for your help

This is 1 of 4th web application node using apache as a webserver, and as a Production env it receives all the htpp traffic from internet throuh a load balancer called (F5 -A10) and by a java process called germ.jar open sockets to port 89xx (load balancer), so below is the information:

Code:
$ /bin/bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.2.46(2)-release (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later

Code:
$ uname -a
Linux serverbam04.nh 4.1.12-124.15.2.el7uek.x86_64 #2 SMP Tue May 22 11:52:31 PDT 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Code:
openjdk version "1.8.0_171"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_171-b10)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.171-b10, mixed mode)

webserver apache

Code:
EE-plus-7.0.2/lib/openejb-javaagent.jar -Djdk.tls.ephemeralDHKeySize=2048 -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=org.apache.catalina.webresources -classpath /usr/share/tomEE-plus-7.0.2/bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/share/tomEE-plus-7.0.2/bin/tomcat-juli.jar -Dcatalina.base=/usr/share/tomEE-plus-7.0.2 -Dcatalina.home=/usr/share/tomEE-plus-7.0.2 -Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/share/tomEE-plus-7.0.2/temp org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

The reason why i asked whad does kill -9 -1 does is because our web application provider suggested every time we shut down the app, i will have to run this command to make sure all session are cleaned, but i didnt know how powerful or dangerous this command will be

some time ago the user med has 1615 processes because a shell that runs every 5 minutes got stuck and blocked the node, and we contact aour System Administrator but these processes could never get killed and this node had to be started

Code:
med+ 32737     1  0 14:49 ?        00:00:00 /bin/bash /app/perm/backend/check_port_process/CHECK_PORT_PROCESS_MAIN.sh
 32742     1  0 13:15 ?        00:00:00 /bin/bash /app/perm/backend/check_port_process/CHECK_PORT_PROCESS_MAIN.sh
$ ps -fu med|wc -l

kill command
Code:
ps -fu med | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill -9

Thanks again for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Partition combination

Hi all I've got MacOSX server which is a UNIX based system. I've got 2 partiontion an I like to make just one partition on he disk without loosing any data on part1. Is there a way to do that kind of thing in UNIX or do I have to format everything and put up the system again? Thanx for reading... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gardarm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

When kill doesnt work, how to kill a process ?

Hi All, I am unable to kill a process using kill command. I am using HP-UX system. I have tried with kill -9 and i have root privilages. How can i terminate this daemon ? ? ? Regards, Vijay Hegde (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VijayHegde
3 Replies

3. Programming

kill(0,-9) don't kill the process

Hi all i have simple c program , when i wish to kill the app im using kill(0,-9) , but it seams this command don't do any thing and the program. just ignore it . what im doing wrong here ? im using HP-UX ia64 Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combination of two commands

I want to show a output like this Lee Ballancore PID TTY TIME CMD 31799 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 31866 pts/3 00:00:00 vim 2495 pts/7 00:00:00 vim 8368 pts/0 00:00:00 vim 9544 pts/2 00:00:00 ps Alistairr Rutherford PID TTY TIME CMD 8368 pts/0 00:00:00 vim 9544 pts/2 00:00:00 ps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehaquick
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process without using kill command

Sorry, posted the question in other forum. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
0 Replies

6. Linux

Kill a process without using kill command

I want to Kill a process without using kill command as i don't have privileges to kill the process. I know the pid and i am using Linux 2.6.9 OS. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combination of numbers

Hello Group, I have a file of data that contain 1 2 3 4 5 I request you help with a shell script for generate all posible combination of these numbers with the following output: Example: 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 2 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = 3 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 = Thanks in advance. Carlos (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill an specific process ID using the KILL and GREP commands

Good afternoon I need to KILL a process in a single command sentence, for example: kill -9 `ps -aef | grep 'CAL255.4ge' | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` That sentence Kills the process ID corresponding to the program CAL255.4ge. However it is possible that the same program... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enriquegm82
6 Replies

9. Programming

6 digits combination

Is there any program that can create 6 digit numbers with: (DIGIT_1)+(DIGIT_2)+(DIGIT_3)+(DIGIT_4)+(DIGIT_5)+(DIGIT_6)=10 Any perl or C also can. Anyone can help me? Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combination of 6 nos

Hi folks, I have a numbers from 1-100 and from these nos I have 30 numbers.. From this 30 nos, I have to generate a combination of 6 nos... this 30 numbers will range from 1-100... ( FYI: This is not a lottery game - just kidding) ... I am trying out this in a shell script.. any ideas ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)