Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Disks are not visible in Veritas Volume manager Post 303040847 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 7th of November 2019 04:02:01 PM
Old 11-07-2019
Perhaps some /dev/ links are missing (that point to the /devices/ paths)?
Code:
man devfsadm

Usually one can do
Code:
devfsadm -v -C -c disk

to rebuild the /dev/ links.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to start Veritas volume manager

? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

veritas filesystem and volume manager

WHat is the difference between Veritas filesystem and veritas volume manager? Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knarayan
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

VEritas Volume Manager command

Hi, Somebody can help me to retrieve the command to use in Solaris 8 to display the space free on a Virtual disk created by VVM ? Thanks very much, Fabien Renaux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclefab
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regarding Veritas Volume manager

hy guys I am new at this thread , i have installed sf 5.0 and wanted to encapsulate root disk but when i get to optionn to enter private region i get this error: Enter desired private region length (default: 65536) 512 VxVM ERROR V-5-2-338 The encapsulation operation failed with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charneet
2 Replies

6. Solaris

veritas volume manager links

Hi all, Anybody know the URLs of veritas volume manager disk problems,volume problems,root disk problems ...etc. Please share the URL's. i really appreciate for cooperation. regards krishna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
4 Replies

7. Solaris

RAID manager or veritas volume manager

Can somebody kindly help me to determine which one i should choose to better manipulate OS volume. RAID manager or veritas volume manager? Any critical differences between those two? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Veritas volume manager in solaris.

Can you please let me know the certification code for veritas volume manager in solaris ? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VERITAS Volume Manager - mirror a disk/volume

I have a machine (5.10 Generic_142900-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210) that we are upgrading the storage and my task is to mirror what is already on the machine to the new disk. I have the disk, it is labeled and ready but I am not sure of the next steps to mirror the existing diskgroup and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookieuxixsa
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extend a disk in veritas volume manager in veritas cluster?

Hi Experts, I wanted to extend a veritas file system which is running on veritas cluster and mounted on node2 system. #hastatus -sum -- System State Frozen A node1 running 0 A node2 running 0 -- Group State -- Group System Probed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skmanojkum
1 Replies
GNOME-DISKS(1)							gnome-disk-utility						    GNOME-DISKS(1)

NAME
gnome-disks - the GNOME Disks application SYNOPSIS
gnome-disks [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gnome-disks is the command to launch the GNOME Disks application. Disks provides a way to inspect, format, partition and configure disks and block devices. The Disks application is single-instance. What this means is that if the application is not already running when the gnome-disks command is invoked, it will get launched and the command invocation will block until the application exits. Otherwise the existing application instance will be used and the gnome-disks command will exit immediately. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --block-device DEVICE Switches to the Disks application and selects the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sda). --block-device DEVICE --format-device [--xid WINDOW-ID] Shows the "Format Volume" dialog for the block device given by DEVICE (for example, /dev/sdb1). If WINDOW-ID is given, makes the dialog transient to the given XID. --help Prints a short help text and exits. AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <zeuthen@gmail.com> with a lot of help from many others. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-disk-utility. SEE ALSO
gnome-disk-image-mounter(1), udisks(8) GNOME
March 2013 GNOME-DISKS(1)