Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract a part of grep output Post 303040157 by big123456 on Thursday 24th of October 2019 08:01:57 AM
Old 10-24-2019
Extract a part of grep output

Hi,
On AIX 7
I have :
Code:
grep 's_ohs_instance_loc' $CONTEXT_FILE

<ohs_instance_loc oa_var="s_ohs_instance_loc">/u01/appl_top/env/fs1/FMW_Home/webtier/instances/EBS_web_env_OHS1</ohs_instance_loc>

But I need only this part: /u01/appl_top/env/fs1/FMW_Home/webtier/instances/EBS_web_env_OHS1

which is between > and < How can I have it?

Thanks

Last edited by Yoda; 10-24-2019 at 10:40 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract a part of file name

Hi, I want to extract a part of filename and pass it as a parameter to one of the scripts. Could someone help. File name:- NLL_NAM_XXXXX.XXXXXXX_1_1.txt. Here i have to extract only XXXXX.XXXXXXX and the position will be constant. that means that i have to extract some n characters from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract a part of a path like (input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp)

Hi, I need to make some extraction . with the following input to get the right output. input: /etc/exp/home/bin ====> output: exp and input: aex1234 ===> output: ex Thanks for your help, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yeclota
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract last part of string.

Hi, I have a string like this BUNDLE=/home/bob/flx/user.bun how to extract only the the last part ie, only user.bun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vprasads
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract one part from whole output

Hi All, I am trying to write a small shell programming to get db2 database size info. The command I am going to use is- db2 "CALL GET_DBSIZE_INFO(?, ?, ?, -1)" and the output of above command generally is- Value of output parameters -------------------------- Parameter Name :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract a certain part of a line

Hi friends, I want to select and use the certain part of a line. For example I have the following line home/1245/hgdf/acsdf/myhome/afolder/H2O/endfile how can I extract the part " /myhome/afolder/H2O/endfile " thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract particular part of data

Input file <data> <temporary>qe2qrqerq qwewqeqwrqwrq qrerwrewrwer </temporary> </data> <sample>@!@##%#</sample> <info>12345</info> <content>2313214141454</content> <data> <temporary>qe2qrqerq qrerwrewrwer </temporary> <content>123214214523</content> </data>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract part of a string

I have a file with 100s of lines of text. I want to perform an extraction of this line: Info bpzs(pid=2652) using 1000 bits I have not been able to extract it. Should I try expr match or is there another method? This line has data both in front of and in back of it. I do not have grep -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract part of file

Hello All, I need to extract part of a file into a new file My file is Define schema xxxxxx Insert into table ( a ,b ,c ,d ) values ( 1, 2, 3, (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help to extract part of the string

Hi, I have a string with name as 20140412-s1-Potopolive_promos_20140412. So I want to extract only Potopolive string. Could you please help me the command. O/p : Potopolive Thx in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract only relevant part from a sentence?

Hello All, I have a file with details such as below. How do i extract only the host and port ? eg: dbs.ads.com 1521 (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=dbs.ads.com)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=vug)))... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnJacobChacko
5 Replies
ENV(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    ENV(1)

NAME
env -- set and print environment SYNOPSIS
env [-i] [name=value ...] [utility [argument ...]] DESCRIPTION
env executes utility after modifying the environment as specified on the command line. The option name=value specifies an environmental variable, name, with a value of value. The option '-i' causes env to completely ignore the environment it inherits. If no utility is specified, env prints out the names and values of the variables in the environment, with one name=value pair per line. DIAGNOSTICS
If the utility is invoked, the exit status of env shall be the exit status of utility; otherwise, the env utility exits with one of the fol- lowing values: 0 The env utility completed successfully 1-125 An error occurred in the env utility. 126 The utility specified by utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility specified by utility could not be found. COMPATIBILITY
The historic - option has been deprecated but is still supported in this implementation. SEE ALSO
execvp(3), environ(7) STANDARDS
The env utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2-1992 (``POSIX.2''). BUGS
env doesn't handle commands with equal (``='') signs in their names, for obvious reasons. BSD
August 27, 1993 BSD