Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Presenting current LUNs to new OS. RHEL 7, LVM Post 303039868 by hburnswell on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 03:30:37 PM
Old 10-16-2019
Thank you @Peasant for the reply. I wanted to provide an update...

The process was actually much easier than expected. We just needed to:

1. Snapshot the original LUN.
2. Create the same mount point on the new server.
3. Copy the /etc/fstab entry from original server and write it to the /etc/fstab on the new server.
4. Present the snapshot LUN to the new server.
5. Reboot the new server.

This allowed us to to see the original data as expected.

Thanks again for the help..

HB

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Presenting the user a menu in Bash ...

Hello, I am trying to write a bash script function to present the user a menu of options. The following is what I have so far: function MainMenu { while ] do echo "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckoeber
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Migrating from RHEL LVM to VxVM

Hiya, Is there a known method from converting LVM data to VxVM data.. ie we have a load of local and SAN (HPDM) mounts on RHEL 4u5/5u1 servers which are now required to be clustered with SFS (VxFS,VxVM,CFS,VCS etc) I've come across the vxvmconvert, but thought that was HP-UX only? Many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Migrating from RHEL LVM to VxVM

Hiya, Is there a known method from converting LVM data to VxVM data.. ie we have a load of local and SAN (HPDM) mounts on RHEL 4u5/5u1 servers which are now required to be clustered with SFS (VxFS,VxVM,CFS,VCS etc) I've come across the vxvmconvert, but thought that was HP-UX only? Many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to reduce the LVM Size in RHEL/Centos 7 ?

Hi All, I have one logical volume with size as 900G and it is mounted as xfs file system. Now I want to reduce this partition to 500G. So I followed the below steps. unmount the mount point /home Reduced the volume using the command Now I remounted the partition. But the problem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Presenting data in column format

I have written a script that that takes file names and breaks them apart. File names are : aal_mock.war.deployed AuroralMockService-1.0.war.deployed consumerProfile.war.deployed EbillMock.war.deployed IAMAOGServices.war.deployed IAMPermission.war.deployed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies
PVCHANGE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       PVCHANGE(8)

NAME
pvchange - change attributes of a physical volume SYNOPSIS
pvchange [--addtag Tag] [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-f|--force] [--deltag Tag] [--metadataignore y|n] [-h|-?|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [-a|--all] [-x|--allocatable y|n] [-u|--uuid] [PhysicalVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
pvchange allows you to change the allocation permissions of one or more physical volumes. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -a, --all If PhysicalVolumePath is not specified on the command line all physical volumes are searched for and used. --metadataignore y|n Ignore or un-ignore metadata areas on this physical volume. If metadata areas on a physical volume are ignored, LVM will not not store metadata in the metadata areas present on this Physical Volume. -u, --uuid Generate new random UUID for specified physical volumes. -x, --allocatable y|n Enable or disable allocation of physical extents on this physical volume. Example "pvchange -x n /dev/sdk1" disallows the allocation of physical extents on this physical volume (possibly because of disk errors, or because it will be removed after freeing it. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVCHANGE(8)