Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240] Post 303039844 by gull04 on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 08:58:39 AM
Old 10-16-2019
Hi,

What have you got in the logs, can you post the output of;

Code:
show /SP/logs/event/list

Regards

Gull04

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem using default account with ILOM on Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140

Hi, I have Sun SPARC Enterprise T5140 and I can't access it via serial port using preconfigured administrator account, as described in Sun Integrated Lights Out Manager 2.0 User's Guide: I'm always receive "Login incorrect" message. I'm really confused! Does anyone experience such circumstances?... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
12 Replies

2. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Small issue with Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120

Good Day, We have bought Sun Sparc Enterprise T5120 with pre-installed Solaris 10 Sparc But i need on this server Solaris 9. I have inserted in to DVD-rom (USB DVD-rom) with Solaris 9 for Sparc. Then log into shell and type: reboot -- cdrom. System rebooted and i have this message: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A.Shalin
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SNMP - cpu core information for Sun SPARC machine

Dears, I'm looking for getting CPU cores information of Sun machines (like: SunFire V880, Fujitsu SPARC T5120, ...) via SNMP, unfortunately i couldn't find the proper OID for that. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
MOPD(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   MOPD(8)

NAME
mopd -- Maintenance Operations Protocol (MOP) Loader Daemon SYNOPSIS
mopd [-adf] [-s mopdir] [interface] [...] DESCRIPTION
mopd services DEC Maintenance Operations Protocol (MOP) Load requests on the Ethernet connected to interface or all interfaces if -a option is given. In a load request received by mopd a filename can be given by the client. This is the normal case for terminal servers. If a filename isn't in the client load request mopd must know what image to load. Upon receiving a request, mopd checks if the requested file exists in /tftpboot/mop (unless the -s option is given, see below) the filename is normally uppercase and with an extension of .SYS. If the filename isn't given, the ethernet address of the target is used as filename, e.g. 08002b09f4de.SYS and it might be a soft link to another file. mopd supports two kinds of files. The first type that is check is if the file is in a.out(5) format. If not, a couple of Digital's formats are checked. In normal operation, mopd forks a copy of itself and runs in the background. Anomalies and errors are reported via syslog(3). OPTIONS
-a Listen on all the Ethernets attached to the system. If -a is omitted, an interface must be specified. -d Run in debug mode, with all the output to stdout. The process will run in the foreground. -f Run in the foreground. -s Change the directory to look for files in from /tftpboot/mop to mopdir. FILES
/tftpboot/mop NOTES
mopd automatically appends an upper case .SYS to the filename provided by the client. The typical client sends the requested file name in upper case. SEE ALSO
mopchk(1), mopcopy(1), mopprobe(1), moptrace(1), bpf(4) DECnet Digital Network Architecture Phase IV, Maintenance Operations Functional Specification V3.0.0, AA-X436A-TK. DECnet Digital Network Architecture, Maintenance Operations Protocol Functional Specification V4.0.0, EK-DNA11-FS-001. AUTHORS
Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se> BSD
January 23, 2004 BSD