Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Chef client on VIOs? How do you manage your VIO configs? Post 303039616 by RecoveryOne on Thursday 10th of October 2019 01:16:18 PM
Old 10-10-2019
zxmaus,
Thanks for the reply. I know in the past IBM was very wash their hands if anything outside of their guidelines was installed. Was there any issues you encountered with running the client under the VIO? I really don't have a non-prod box with VIO's running so I need to be careful with mine. Oh, and they are old. Very old. 2000 days uptime old. Customer won't take downtime for any reason so I handle them very carefully.

Thanks again!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. AIX

rebooting vio client

Hi, I would like to reboot vio client but I am not able to access vio client(I am not able to get putty) , I am able to get putty of vio server, is there any command by using which from vio server I can reboot vio client? (3 Replies)
3 Replies

3. AIX

Finding cpu information on vio client

Hi, I am having single p series blade with Single Physcial CPU with dual core, on that vio server is installed, I have created vio client allocate 0.9 each cpu , now when I am running prtconf command on vio client it is showing "2" no of processor, My query using which command it will... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. AIX

Unable to connect VIO client

Hi I am facing very strange issue on my vio server 5 vio clients are confgured, now I am to connect 3 vio client , i am unable to connect 2 vio client my ip address,subnet mask,gateway is correct. i have rebooted and reconfigured the ip address, but issue is persists. Kindly suggest how to... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. AIX

how will i know if a lun has been already mapped to a vio client

Hi im logged in to the vio servers now. when i give # lspv | wc -l i get the count as 6246 how will i know if a lun has been already mapped to a vio client or it is left free without mapping to any of the vio client ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

6. AIX

vio server ethernet to vio client ethernet(concepts confusing)

Hi In the vio server when I do # lsattr -El hdisk*, I get a PVID. The same PVID is also seen when I put the lspv command on the vio client partition. This way Im able to confirm the lun using the PVID. Similarly how does the vio client partition gets the virtual ethernet scsi client adapter... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. AIX

cdrom confusion on the vio client lpar

Hi In my vio server I have the below output $ lsvopt | grep -i SAPSITGS sapsitgs_cdrom TL12UP.iso 3182 In my vio client lpar I have the below output root@sapsitgs:/ # lsdev -Cc cdromcd0 Available Virtual SCSI Optical Served by VIO Server cd1... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
KNIFE-STATUS(1) 						    Chef Manual 						   KNIFE-STATUS(1)

NAME
knife-status - Display status information for the nodes in your infrastructure SYNOPSIS
knife status (options) -r, --run-list RUN_LIST Show the run list DESCRIPTION
The status sub-command searches the Chef Server for all nodes and displays information about the last time the node checked into the server and executed a node.save. The fields displayed are the relative checkin time, the node name, it's operating system platform and version, the fully-qualified domain name and the default IP address. If the -r option is given, the node's run list will also be displayed. Note that depending on the configuration of the nodes, the FQDN and IP displayed may not be publicly reachable. SEE ALSO
knife-search(1) AUTHOR
Chef was written by Adam Jacob adam@opscode.com with many contributions from the community. DOCUMENTATION
This manual page was written by Joshua Timberman joshua@opscode.com. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and / or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the Apache 2.0 License. CHEF
Knife is distributed with Chef. http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Home Chef 10.12.0 June 2012 KNIFE-STATUS(1)