Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM TDS/SDS (LDAP) - can I mix endianness among servers in an instance ? Post 303039491 by Neo on Tuesday 8th of October 2019 12:29:02 AM
Old 10-08-2019
Why not just set up a test bed and give it a try?

That's the easiest way (when in doubt and the docs are not clear). Set up a non-production test bed and try it out.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP-UX 10.2 servers interoperability with IBM mass storage devices

Does anyone have succesfully interconnected HP-UX 10.2 HP 9000 K370 servers with A6885A HBA's, with an IBM Fastt storage server? I need to replace integrate both platforms. Interoperability matrices from manufacturers do not certified such integration. Thanks for anybody's help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raltmannr
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is no LDAP unusual for 40+ solaris servers?

I am the new jr admin on a solaris team (2 people). We have over 40 solaris servers (v8 and v9) yet no LDAP to manage it all. Is this unusual? So, if we need to add a new user, we have to add him 40x. Thanks in advance ~R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abstractrick
1 Replies

3. AIX

IBM Servers Documentation

Hello dear friends, I wanrt to document our servers configuration but have no Idea which softweare should I use for documenting server environment.. maybe anyone can suggest me which software should I use.. thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. AIX

executable problems with shell script in IBM servers

We have a java stand alone application running currently on sun Solaris system. The java application runs on Jdk 1.4. We are reshooting this java application to new Ibm servers. There are 10 unix scripts for this application. All scripts works well except one shell script, This shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poojagupta
2 Replies

5. AIX

Mix LDAP and LOCAL user on AIX

Hello, I'm currently trying to mix local and LDAP users on an AIX 7.1. I've triied many things. My LDAP Server in on a CentOS - OpenLDAP (which works fine with linux). I'm currently stuck on AIX at how to declare LDAP AND Local users. Here's what i did : /usr/sbin/mksecldap -c -h 'ldap03'... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_user_324891
15 Replies
basexserver(1)							 The XML Database						    basexserver(1)

NAME
basexserver - XML database system and XPath/XQuery processor (server mode) SYNOPSIS
basexserver [-cdeipSz] [stop] DESCRIPTION
basexserver starts the server mode of the native XML database system basex(1) on default port 1984. OPTIONS
A short description of option can be obtained from $ basexserver -h or by browsing http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Startup_Options#BaseX_Server USER MANAGEMENT
On first startup a user 'admin' with default password 'admin' exists (make sure to change this)! Admin permissions are needed to execute one of the following processes. o Creating user 'test' with password 'test': > CREATE USER test test As global permissions valid options are 'none', 'read', 'write', 'create' and 'admin'. o Revoking all global permissions from user 'test': > GRANT none TO test Valid local permissions are 'none', 'read' and 'write'. o Granting write permission on database 'factbook' to user 'test': > GRANT write ON factbook TO test Note: Local permissions overwrite global permissions. As a consequence, the 'test' user will only be allowed to access (i.e., read and write) the 'factbook' database. If no local permissions are set, the global rights are inherited. o Showing global permissions: > SHOW USERS o Showing local permissions on database 'factbook': > SHOW USERS ON factbook o Dropping of user 'test': > DROP USER test Further details on user management are to be found in the BaseX Documentation Wiki (http://docs.basex.org/wiki/User_Management). DATABASE COMMANDS
A list of supported Database commands can be obtained from $ basexserver -ic help or by browsing http://docs.basex.org/wiki/Commands SEE ALSO
basexclient(1), basex(1), basexgui(1) ~/.basex BaseX (standalone and server) properties ~/.basexgui BaseX additional GUI properties ~/.basexperm user name, passwords, and permissions ~/.basexevents contains all existing events ~/BaseXData Default database directory ~/BaseXData/.logs Server logs ~/BaseXRepo Package repository BaseX Documentation Wiki: http://docs.basex.org HISTORY
BaseX started as a research project of the Database and Information Systems Group (DBIS) at the University of Konstanz in 2005 and soon turned into a feature-rich open source XML database and XPath/XQuery processor. LICENSE
New (3-clause) BSD License AUTHOR
BaseX is developed by a bunch of people called 'The BaseX Team' <http://basex.org/about-us/> led by Christian Gruen <cg@basex.org>. The man page was written by Alexander Holupirek <alex@holupirek.de> while packaging BaseX for Debian GNU/Linux. 26 June 2012 basexserver(1)