Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Creating multipath device with FC Disks Post 303039116 by amd103 on Monday 23rd of September 2019 08:13:01 AM
Old 09-23-2019
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it seems already enabled:

Code:
root@replica:/kernel/drv# stmsboot -D fp -e
STMS is already enabled. No changes or reboots needed

Regards.

Last edited by Neo; 09-23-2019 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: Added code tags.. please use them when you post.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Creating an image of a mirrored disks

Hi guys, I havent done this before but iam trying to create an image of a mirrorred drive. Correct me if iam wrong, but when i have two disks setup in raid configuration and have them mirrored in solaris. It then defines at one entity. How would i create a "flar" image of that one entity... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

2. Linux

Query about creating sysfs directory under device driver

Hi all, Currently i am involved in developing a device driver for a custom hardware. My linux stack already has the sysfs directory structure /sys/class/hwmon/ My need is that, while loading my device driver i need to create a "xyz" sysfs directory inside hwmon sysfs directory as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbalu
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

device-mapper-multipath path [undef]

I have an HP blade with Qlogic HBA's connected to an EVA8000. I have downloaded the latest multipath.conf from HP's website. The drive presented to the server appears to be configured and working except the output of "multipath -l" shows for all paths. What is causing this output? mpath0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manzier
2 Replies

4. Linux

If i don't have raid disks can i shut down dmraid device-mapper?

hello my centOS newly installed system loading dmraid modules on startup I did remove all LVM/raid things from system installation menus and after installation too but dmraid is still there and he says: no raid disks found also I did modprobe -r dm_raid45 and it do remove it but only until... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

Raw device/multipath details

Hi, How to find the raw device/multipath details of the LUN used by the diskgroups of the database. file system type -- ASM Oracle -- 11.2.0.3.0 OS -- Linux This is RAC database. Regards, Maddy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies

6. Linux

Creating file systems (LVM v Multipath)

Hi all I have a system running: uname -o GNU/Linux that has already some file systems created: df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_outsystemdb-lv_root 50G 2.7G 45G 6% / tmpfs 28G 72K 28G 1%... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Unable to create customized multipath device

Hi, I am testing on iSCSI + multipath, where i have one iSCSI lun assigned to one server. mpatha (1IET 00010001) dm-2 IET,VIRTUAL-DISK size=100M features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw |-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=1 status=active | `- 2:0:0:1 sda 8:0 active ready running `-+-... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
6 Replies
SCSI(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   SCSI(7)

NAME
SCSI, RAID - Small Computer System Interface SYNOPSIS
dsk#, tape#_d#, cdrom# DESCRIPTION
The operating system interfaces to disk and tape devices through the Small Computer System Interface (SCSI). SCSI support is limited to the Compaq-supplied storage devices and certain third-party devices. To determine which named devices are supported in the default system, refer to the file /etc/ddr.dbase. For example, the following devices are listed therein: Winchester disks: RZ24L, RZ25, RZ25L, RZ25M, RZ28M, RZ29B, RZ55, RZ56, RZ58, RZ73, RZ74, RX23, RX26, RX33, IOMEGA ZIP, RAID (Redundant Arrays of Independent Disks) SCSI controllers: HSZ10, HSZ40, HSZ80 Magnetic tapes: TZ30, TZK11, TLZ06, TKZ09, TKZ60, DLT8000, SDT-10000 Media Changers: TL800, ESL9000 Optical disks: RRD42, RRD43, RRD44 Vendors can add their own devices to ddr.dbase. Refer to the Software Product Description (SPD) for a given release of the operating system for more information on processor-specific device support. Under the operating system, a SCSI device is referred to by a device identifier that is assigned by the operating system. This name has no relationship to the descriptive name of the device, although in previous releases of the operating system disks such as the RZ74 mapped to a system-assigned rz# logical name (where # was the instance number of that disk. Current logical names for SCSI disks and tapes take the forms specified in the rz(8) and tz(7) reference pages, such as dsk? and tape?. Refer to the dsfmgr(8) reference page for the naming conventions for disks, tapes and other devices, such as CD-ROM readers. Refer to the hwmgr(8) reference page for information on determining device names and other device data. SCSI Device Limits The number of possible target device IDs is determined by the controller type and method of connection, such as a multibus connection using fibre channel. Refer to the emx(7) reference page for an example of device addressing. Device Special Files The dsfmgr command creates device special files for all the devices that are attached to SCSI controllers. This event occurs automatically on system startup, and no administrative intervention is required unless an event requires that a device be renamed or its I/O be reas- signed. In such cases, you can use dsfmgr and hwmgr to manage SCSI devices and their associated device special files without the need to calculate values from their Bus, Target ID, and LUN data. RESTRICTIONS
The SCSI device driver is not warrantied to operate with optical disks other than the devices listed in /etc/ddr.dbase/. The SCSI driver attempts to support, on a best-effort basis, disks and magnetic tapes supplied by other vendors. The following notes apply to the driver's handling of disks from other vendors: These disks are identified using the following command: # hwmgr -get attribute -a name This command will return the device name SCSI-WWID (World-Wide Identifier) for all devices on the system, which includes the model name of the device. You can filter the output by specifying categories of devices. Disks are assigned a default partition table. The default table can be modified by editing the ccmn_rzxx_sizes[8] entry in the /usr/sys/data/cam_data.c file. The disklabel command can also be used to modify the partition table on an RZxx disk. RELATED INFORMATION
atapi_ide(7), dsfmgr(8), emx(7), hwmgr(8), rz(7), tz(7), disklabel(8), ddr.dbase(4) delim off SCSI(7)