Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Multiple if within while loop ksh Post 303038799 by RudiC on Friday 13th of September 2019 11:52:48 AM
Old 09-13-2019
How about
Code:
TMP=csvtxt                                                                     # extension template
while read filename
  do    IFS="._" read -A IARR <<< $filename                                    # split filename into array containing elements and extension (${IARR[-1]})
        if [ ! "${TMP/${IARR[-1]}}" = "$TMP" -a ! "${IARR[0]}" = "HELP" ] ||   # first condition  - former $A is ${IARR[0]} now
           [ ! "${IARR[2]}" = "WE" ]                                           # second condition
          then  # update table                                                 # do whatever necessary
                echo rm $filename                                              # remove echo to remove file
        fi
  done < input

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh while loop

hi all, got this silly problem and i just can't seem to make sense of the error message its is saying 1400: cannot open. its my first time at writing a while loop but tried all sorts to get it working without success. #!usr/bin/ksh integer max=1400 set file="afilename" integer i=1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop in ksh..Please help..

Hi ALL, I need to take some command line arguments for my script and then want to run a function for each argument.I thought of using for loop as below, but its not working , can some one please help... #!/bin/ksh lpar1=$1 lpar2=$2 lpar3=$3 lpar4=$4 lpar5=$5 echo "$lpar1" >>lpar.txt echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with While loop in KSH

Hi, I want to write a while loop like this can any one say me whats wrong with my loop USAGE="Usage: Mail.ksh" integer i=3 while ((1<i<=3)) do . . . . (( CMD_JUL = LSD_JUL - i )) CUR_MAINT_DATE=$(julian2date ${CMD_JUL}) . . . i=i-1 done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does my for loop does not work right in ksh?

hi all, i have a for loop statement in my ksh code. it only returns the first value retrieved not the value for the other rows. ex: acct_id value = returned value in the for loop 1 = 1 2 = 1 (instead of 2) 3 = ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - for loop with variables

Hi, I 'm trying to send an e-mail for every different line in the .txt for i in {1..$variable} do sed -n "/$i$/p" text.txt done I have two problems about this. First one is that for loop doesn't work and the second one is that i cant get the output of sed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozum
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh loop

I need an echo "hit enter" running every 3 seconds till user hit enter key. 10x (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh for loop

Any reason why this thing doesn't works in Korn Shell for (( expr1; expr2; expr3 )) do ..... ... repeat all statements between do and done until expr2 is TRUE Done Rgds, TS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: targetshell
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reset while loop to loop same file multiple times

Hi, I want to read file multiple times. Right now i am using while loop but that is not working. ex. While read line do while read line2 do echo stmt1 #processing some data based on data., done < file2.txt done < file1.txt # This will have 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Urgent.!!! Multiple if within while loop ksh

Hi All, I'm trying to write while loop with multiple if conditions. Each and every if condition with different variables. whenever one if condition fails i have remove the file from filename and have to pick another file and loop should exit until the last file found in filename. Please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kayal
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error with while loop ksh

while ];do first=${hat} echo "${first}" b=$((b+1)) a=$((a+5)) done I'm trying to append values from the indicated index of one array to other, but it gives me an error with while loop....suggesting that ....... In the hat array, it contains many values... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestKing
2 Replies
Dancer::Template::Abstract(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Dancer::Template::Abstract(3pm)

NAME
Dancer::Template::Abstract - abstract class for Dancer's template engines DESCRIPTION
This class is provided as a base class for each template engine. Any template engine must inherit from it and provide a set of methods described below. TEMPLATE TOKENS
By default Dancer injects some tokens (or variables) to templates. The available templates are: "perl_version" The current running Perl version. "dancer_version" The current running Dancer version. "settings" Hash to access current application settings. "request" Hash to access your current request. "params" Hash to access your request parameters. "vars" Hash to access your defined variables (using "vars"). "session" Hash to access your session (if you have session enabled) INTERFACE
init() The template engine can overload this method if some initialization stuff has to be done before the template engine is used. The base class provides a plain init() method that only returns true. default_tmpl_ext() Template class that inherits this class should override this method to return a default template extension, example: for Template::Toolkit it returns "tt" and for HTML::Mason it returns "mason". So when you call "template 'index';" in your dispatch code, Dancer will look for a file 'index.tt' or 'index.mason' based on the template you use. Note 1: when returning the extension string, please do not add a dot in front of the extension as Dancer will do that. Note 2: for backwards compatibility abstract class returns "tt" instead of throwing an exception 'method not implemented'. User would be able to change the default extension using the "<extension"> configuration variable on the template configuration. For example, for the default ("Simple") engine: template: "simple" engines: simple: extension: 'tmpl' view($view) The default behavior of this method is to return the path of the given view, appending the default template extension (either the value of the "extension" setting in the configuration, or the value returned by "default_tmpl_ext") if it is not present in the view name given and no layout template with that exact name existed. (In other words, given a layout name "main", if "main" exists in the layouts dir, it will be used; if not, "main.tmpl" (where "tmpl" is the value of the "extension" setting, or the value returned by "default_tmpl_ext") will be looked for.) view_exists($view_path) By default, Dancer::Template::Abstract checks to see if it can find the view file calling "view_exists($path_to_file)". If not, it will generate a nice error message for the user. If you are using extending Dancer::Template::Abstract to use a template system with multiple document roots (like Text::XSlate or Template), you can override this method to always return true, and therefore skip this check. layout($layout, $tokens, $content) The default behavior of this method is to merge a content with a layout. The layout file is looked for with similar logic as per "view" - an exact match first, then attempting to append the default template extension, if the view name given did not already end with it. render($self, $template, $tokens) This method must be implemented by the template engine. Given a template and a set of tokens, it returns a processed string. If $template is a reference, it's assumed to be a reference to a string that contains the template itself. If it's not a reference, it's assumed to be the path to template file, as a string. The render method will then have to open it and read its content (Dancer::FileUtils::read_file_content does that job). This method's return value must be a string which is the result of the interpolation of $tokens in $template. If an error occurs, the method should trigger an exception with "die()". Examples : # with a template as a file $content = $engine->render('/my/template.txt', { var => 42 }; # with a template as a scalar my $template = "here is <% var %>"; $content = $engine->render($template, { var => 42 }); AUTHOR
This module has been written by Alexis Sukrieh, see Dancer for details. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-31 Dancer::Template::Abstract(3pm)