Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tmux on AIX
Operating Systems AIX Tmux on AIX Post 303038610 by topcat on Saturday 7th of September 2019 03:46:18 PM
Old 09-07-2019
Tmux on AIX

Hi, I'm going to build tmux from source on AIX 7.1. Reasons:
  • Terminal multiplexers are a must Smilie
  • tmux is to GNU screen (part of Toolbox) what vim is to the default AIX vi.
  • The later versions of tmux are considerably nicer than older versions.
  • Also, looks like IBM compiled screen without 256 colour support!

I'll post updates once I manage to build and run it successfully. If there is any interest I can provide detailed instructions, maybe even an installp package.

Last edited by topcat; 09-09-2019 at 03:04 AM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

2. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tmux - pane current command - help !

Hello Experts ! i have started using tmux recent past . So far so good . while exploring the option , i found an option as I log into terminal where i enabled the tmux , and then i log onto a taxi server and then to my application server. My expectation is when i going aound the paths on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha254
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5

Hi, I am trying to install tmux on vm allocated to me in my company . i am very new to linux. I have the root access on it. Can someone please provide the exact steps to get it installed. I tried: 1. Using yum, i get the below message. # yum install tmux Loaded plugins: security... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
6 Replies
KNIFE-SSH(1)							    Chef Manual 						      KNIFE-SSH(1)

NAME
knife-ssh - Run a command or interactive session on multiple remote hosts SYNOPSIS
knife ssh QUERY COMMAND (options) -a, --attribute ATTR The attribute to use for opening the connection - default is fqdn -C, --concurrency NUM The number of concurrent connections -m, --manual-list QUERY is a space separated list of servers -P, --ssh-password PASSWORD The ssh password -x, --ssh-user USERNAME The ssh username -i, --identity-file IDENTITY_FILE The SSH identity file used for authentication -p, --ssh-port PORT The ssh port --[no-]host-key-verify Verify host key, enabled by default. DESCRIPTION
The ssh sub-command opens an ssh session to each of the nodes in the search results of the QUERY. This sub-command requires that the net-ssh-multi and highline Ruby libraries are installed. On Debian systems, these are the libnet-ssh-multi-ruby and libhighline-ruby pack- ages. They can also be installed as RubyGems (net-ssh-multi and highline, respectively). TERMINAL MULTIPLEXING AND TERMINAL TAB SUPPORT
knife ssh integrates with several terminal multiplexer programs to provide a more convenient means of managing multiple ssh sessions. When the COMMAND option matches one of these, knife ssh will create multiple interactive ssh sessions running locally in the terminal multi- plexer instead of invoking the command on the remote host. The available multiplexers are: interactive A built-in multiplexer. interactive supports running commands on a subset of the connected hosts in parallel screen(1) Runs ssh interactively inside screen. ~/.screenrc will be sourced if it exists. tmux(1) Runs ssh interactively inside tmux. macterm (Mac OS X only) Opens a Terminal.app window and creates a tab for each ssh session. You must install the rb-appscript gem before you can use this option. SEE ALSO
knife-search(1) AUTHOR
Chef was written by Adam Jacob adam@opscode.com with many contributions from the community. DOCUMENTATION
This manual page was written by Joshua Timberman joshua@opscode.com. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and / or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the Apache 2.0 License. CHEF
Knife is distributed with Chef. http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Home Chef 10.12.0 June 2012 KNIFE-SSH(1)