Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Welcome Yoda (Bipin Ajith) to the Moderation Team Post 303038580 by Akshay Hegde on Friday 6th of September 2019 01:04:31 PM
Old 09-06-2019
Welcome Yoda 👍
This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Ravinder Singh to the Moderation Team

On this special Happy News Year day, 1 January 2019, I am pleased to promote Ravinder Singh to UNIX.COM Moderator, for at least the following reasons: Ravinder Loves UNIX.COM Ravinder has 1,372 Thanks, which puts him in the Top Ten in that important single category. Ravinder is one of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Peasant to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our new policy for future forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating our new addition to our mod team, Peasant: Peasant (Filip Skoblar) on LinkedIn Peasant is also an active moderator on our... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Akshay Hegde to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our policy for forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and also to increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating the newest addition to our mod team, Akshay Hegde: Akshay Hegde on LinkedIn Akshay has been very helpful to the site over the... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
prof(5) 						Standards, Environments, and Macros						   prof(5)

NAME
prof - profile within a function SYNOPSIS
#define MARK #include <prof.h> void MARK(name); DESCRIPTION
MARK introduces a mark called name that is treated the same as a function entry point. Execution of the mark adds to a counter for that mark, and program-counter time spent is accounted to the immediately preceding mark or to the function if there are no preceding marks within the active function. name may be any combination of letters, numbers, or underscores. Each name in a single compilation must be unique, but may be the same as any ordinary program symbol. For marks to be effective, the symbol MARK must be defined before the header prof.h is included, either by a preprocessor directive as in the synopsis, or by a command line argument: cc -p -DMARK work.c If MARK is not defined, the MARK(name) statements may be left in the source files containing them and are ignored. prof -g must be used to get information on all labels. EXAMPLES
In this example, marks can be used to determine how much time is spent in each loop. Unless this example is compiled with MARK defined on the command line, the marks are ignored. #include <prof.h> work( ) { int i, j; . . . MARK(loop1); for (i = 0; i < 2000; i++) { . . . } MARK(loop2); for (j = 0; j < 2000; j++) { . . . } } SEE ALSO
profil(2), monitor(3C) SunOS 5.11 3 Jul 1990 prof(5)