Originally Posted by hicksd8
Welcome to the mod team Peasant.
Thank you for your past contribution to this community and we look forward to your future input.
The main duties for mods are insuring members is to edit posts to help them comply, which in general means:
- Editing posts to add code tags
- Editing posts to correct spelling errors.
- Editing posts to improve formatting.
- Editing thread tags (deleting and adding tags).
- Issuing reminders, warnings and infractions to members who do not follow the rules and guidelines.
- Spam management (deleting and user infraction / banning).
In the most ideal situation, the moderator's main role is to ensure that the best and brightest here at unix.com do not have to moderate and format posts and threads so our team of experts can focus on technical Q&A.
Peasant is already doing a great job as a moderator in the LinkedIn group and has recently banned some spammers and reminded people that the LinkedIn group is for "career and business opportunities" and these forums are for technical discussions and Q&A.
Thanks for the great help Peasant!