Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Errno.h symbols
Operating Systems AIX Errno.h symbols Post 303038378 by topcat on Sunday 1st of September 2019 09:11:17 AM
Old 09-01-2019
Errno.h symbols

Hi, I need to look at a recent copy of /usr/include/errno.h from AIX 7.2 to check some symbols. In particular, I'm curious if it defines EOWNERDEAD and ENOTRECOVERABLE. Can someone who has access to 7.2 please check for me? Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Getting errno in a Multithreaded program

In Tru64 Unix, the 'errno' variable is not thread safe. Could anybody help me about how to make it thread safe or how to check 'errno' in a Multithreaded program ???? The Programming process is like this. There are some definite number of threads having their own task. There is one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. Programming

errno pb

Hello, I need to make a lib with pthread, when I run my make file all is good. But when I run my test program, I test errno in the begining and is already set to 251. Is it normal ??? What can I modify in my Makefile to have errno set to 0 ??? Thanks $make gcc -D_REENTRANT -shared -fpic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dts
3 Replies

3. Programming

Hi errno in sys/stat.h

How should I use errno in a c program and what info does it have . I am working with directories and files. So can any one tell me How to access errno?I am using the stat() function on \etc directory and I am alble to access only the half of the directories.I am not able to access other half and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
6 Replies

4. Programming

errno

Hey, Can I assume that for certain function calls, errno can never be set to a certain value. More specifically, can I assume that for if the stat function call fails, the errno can never be or "No space left on device." I am assuming that a read function cannot fail because of no space... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
5 Replies

5. Programming

does perror() set errno?

here the program gives a odd result: #include <stdio.h> int main(){ perror("first"); perror("next"); return 0; } result: first: Success next: Illegal seek why? any resonable explanation? i found no information about this in man pages. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebd
2 Replies

6. Programming

need help about get errno [ENXIO] for mmap

from mmap manpage I get it's errors discription: The addresses specified by the range [off, off + len) are invalid for filedes. How could I trigger a ENXIO ? anyone can input the code? Lei (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

7. Linux

[Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

Dear all, CentOS 6 After executing "yum update -y" command I am facing this error. Please help me out. thanks in advance. Full error & error code is given as follow: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
7 Replies

8. Programming

Getpwnam_r returning null with errno 25

I am calling getpwnam_r with all proper argument as below:- rv = getpwnam_r(name, result, buffer, buflen); This program runs fine on sol 8/9/10. But on sol 11 it returns NULL with errno set to 25 (#define ENOTTY 25 /* Inappropriate ioctl for device */) All boxes are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranajit
2 Replies

9. Programming

Function open() sets errno

I am opening a text file using open() system call in O_RDONLY mode. open() returns me a valid handler but also sets errno to 13 i.e. EACCES(Permission denied). Question is when open() is returning a valid handler then why does it sets the errno? Should not errno be set only in case of error... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Ultrix] /etc/init failed, errno 2

I am running the gxemul software under cygwin, Just when installing the .iso image, I got the error shown in the picture. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks Jack (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies
pthread_mutexattr_getrobust_np(3C)										pthread_mutexattr_getrobust_np(3C)

NAME
pthread_mutexattr_getrobust_np, pthread_mutexattr_setrobust_np - get or set robustness attribute of mutex attribute object SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file... -lpthread [ library... ] #include <pthread.h> int pthread_mutexattr_getrobust_np(const pthread_mutexattr_t *attr, int *robustness); int pthread_mutexattr_setrobust_np(pthread_mutexattr_t *attr, int robustness); The following applies only if the symbol _POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_INHERIT is defined, and the mutex attributes object attr should be used only to initialize mutexes that will also be initialized with the protocol attribute having the value PTHREAD_PRIO_INHERIT. See pthread_mutex- attr_getprotocol(3C). The pthread_mutexattr_setrobust_np() and pthread_mutexattr_getrobust_np() functions set and get the robustness attribute of a mutex attribute object pointed to by attr that was previously created by the function pthread_mutexattr_init(3C). The robustness attribute defines the behavior when the owner of a mutex dies. The value of robustness may be ether PTHREAD_MUTEX_ROBUST_NP or PTHREAD_MUTEX_STALLED_NP, which are defined by the header <pthread.h>. The default value of the robustness attribute is PTHREAD_MUTEX_STALLED_NP. When the owner of a mutex with the PTHREAD_MUTEX_STALLED_NP robustness attribute dies, all future calls to pthread_mutex_lock(3C) for this mutex will be blocked from progress in an unspecified manner. When the owner of a mutex with the PTHREAD_MUTEX_ROBUST_NP robustness attribute dies, the mutex is unlocked. The next owner of this mutex acquires it with an error value of EOWNERDEAD. Note that the application must always check the return value from pthread_mutex_lock() for a mutex initialized with the PTHREAD_MUTEX_ROBUST_NP robustness attribute. The new owner of this mutex should then attempt to make the state protected by the mutex consistent, since this state could have been left inconsistent when the last owner died. If the new owner is able to make the state consistent, it should call pthread_mutex_consistent_np(3C) for the mutex and then unlock the mutex. If for any reason the new owner is not able to make the state consistent, it should not call pthread_mutex_consistent_np() for the mutex, but should simply unlock the mutex. In the latter scenario, all waiters will be awakened and all subsequent calls to pthread_mutex_lock() will fail in acquiring the mutex with an error value of ENOTRECOVERABLE. The mutex can then be made consistent by uninitializing the mutex with the pthread_mutex_destroy() function and reinitializing it with the pthread_mutex_init() function. If the thread that acquired the lock with EOWNERDEAD dies, the next owner will acquire the lock with an error value of EOWNERDEAD. Note that the mutex may be in memory shared between processes or in memory private to a process, i.e. the "owner" referenced above is a thread, either within or outside the requestor's process. The mutex memory must be zeroed before initialization. Upon successful completion, the pthread_mutexattr_getrobust_np() and pthread_mutexattr_setrobust_np() functions return 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. The pthread_mutexattr_getrobust_np() and pthread_mutexattr_setrobust_np() functions will fail if: EINVAL The value specified by attr or robustness is invalid. ENOSYS The option _POSIX_THREAD_PRIO_INHERIT is not defined and the implementation does not support the function. ENOTSUP The value specified by robustness is an unsupported value. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level | MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pthread_mutex_lock(3C), pthread_mutex_consistent_np(3C), pthread_mutexattr_getprotocol(3C), attributes(5), mutex(5), standards(5) 23 Mar 2005 pthread_mutexattr_getrobust_np(3C)