Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming My first PERL incarnation... Audio Oscillograph Post 303038002 by wisecracker on Tuesday 20th of August 2019 02:18:10 PM
Old 08-20-2019
Hi MadeInGermany...

I didn't try the Perl builtin 'printf' as 'print' DID support terminal colours, so I made an assumption that 'printf' wouldn't plot either.

I will experiment with plotting using 'printf' and get back to you.
If I get stuck and plotting is still unable to be done then I will come back on here for solutions.

TIA.

EDIT:
Well a cold start with the builtin 'print' DOES work but believe me, I tried for hours with hard coded valus as well is variables and I kept getting an major 'scalar' error report finally ending up saying it couldn't complie the code - hence reverting to the 'system' command.

I honestly do not know why I kept getting major errors when now it is working..

Here is the original test code i couldn't get working, but it is actually calling me a liar now.
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
# plotter.pl

use warnings;
use strict;

# Centre of terminal window.
my $horiz=34;
my $vert=11;
my $plotter="\033["."$vert".";"."$horiz"."fHello World.\n";
print "$plotter";

And finally I am in the process of using 4 capture modes, DEMO, DSP, ALSA and QT, (DEMO is obviously working using the builtin random number generator but the final cut will create a raw 'noise' file using /dev/urandom).
I have already done the section to create the AppleScript and call it, but not done the binary file to byte sized decmial array or list yet but I am working on it...

Last edited by wisecracker; 08-20-2019 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: See EDIT:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio HELP Please!

I know about next to nothing, and I am trying to play an audio file on HP-UX 10.2 (743i) every time I try to use the ‘/opt/audio/bin/AudioCP &' command I get an error message that says “Unable to access audio hardware.” I checked the man page on audio, and both Aserver and rpcd are running. Am I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Audio-Text in Unix

Hello all, Could anyone help to me :as to how can i record an audio file in unix and convert it into a text . Or anything with audio recording to get started would help . thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phantom308
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

An Audio Function Generator...

Ok guys, gals and geeks... As from today I am starting to learn awk in earnest doing something totally different. I am going to create a pseudo-Audio_Function Generator centred around OSX 10.11.x minimum. The code below is a tester to see what the possibilities are. All waveforms will be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
plot(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  plot(1B)

NAME
plot, aedplot, atoplot, bgplot, crtplot, dumbplot, gigiplot, hpplot, implot, plottoa, t300, t300s, t4013, t450, tek, vplot, hp7221plot - graphics filters for various plotters SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/plot [-Tterminal] DESCRIPTION
The plot utility reads plotting instructions (see plot(4B)) from the standard input and produces plotting instructions suitable for a par- ticular terminal on the standard output. If no terminal is specified, the environment variable TERM is used. The default terminal is tek. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Except for ver, the following terminal-types can be used with `lpr -g' (see lpr(1B)) to produce plotted output: 2648 | 2648a | h8 | hp2648 | hp2648a Hewlett Packard 2648 graphics terminal. hp7221 | hp7 | h7 | Hewlett Packard 7221 plotter. 300 DASI 300 or GSI terminal (Diablo mechanism). 300s | 300S DASI 300s terminal (Diablo mechanism). 450 DASI Hyterm 450 terminal (Diablo mechanism). 4013 Tektronix 4013 storage scope. 4014 | tek Tektronix 4014 and 4015 storage scope with Enhanced Graphics Module. (Use 4013 for Tektronix 4014 or 4015 without the Enhanced Graphics Module). aed AED 512 color graphics terminal. bgplot | bitgraph BBN bitgraph graphics terminal. crt Any crt terminal capable of running vi(1). dumb | un | unknown Dumb terminals without cursor addressing or line printers. gigi | vt125 DEC vt125 terminal. implot Imagen plotter. var Benson Varian printer-plotter ver Versatec D1200A printer-plotter. The output is scan-converted and suitable input to `lpr -v'. FILES
/usr/ucb/aedplot /usr/ucb/atoplot /usr/ucb/bgplot /usr/ucb/crtplot /usr/ucb/dumbplot /usr/ucb/gigiplot /usr/ucb/hp7221plot /usr/ucb/hpplot /usr/ucb/implot /usr/ucb/plot /usr/ucb/plottoa /usr/ucb/t300 /usr/ucb/t300s /usr/ucb/t4013 /usr/ucb/t450 /usr/ucb/tek /usr/ucb/vplot ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
graph(1), tplot(1), vi(1), lpr(1B), plot(4B), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 plot(1B)