Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax for sudoers file for mv command Post 303037805 by Peasant on Wednesday 14th of August 2019 01:57:55 AM
Old 08-14-2019
You can delegate SMF permissions for specified service to a user.
A user can be set to stop / start / restart svc:/site/network/http:apache2 specifically.

Check out the resources online so i don't paste the obvious search engine output.

Hope that helps.
Regards
Peasant

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

sudoers file

Hi, I have edited 'sudoers' file to allow 'cads' user shutdown the system without providing a password. Can someone tell me what's wrong with my file? It's not working when I 'sudo SHUTDOWN' command: sudo: SHUTDOWN: command not found Thanks a lot! # Host alias specification... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

2. Solaris

sudoers file not found

root@dervish # cat /etc/sudoers cat: cannot open /etc/sudoers This is what I get when I try to search for the sudoers files. I want to create a user by name jda and assign him root privileges. How can I do that using sudo command and editing sudoers file. Please help me. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudoers syntax

I'm stuck with a dilemma. I am trying to control userid's access to the su command in such a way that he will not be able to su to root (su, su -, su root, su - root) but he will be able to su to any other user. I have tried the following syntax: userid ALL=/usr/bin/su ?*, !/usr/bin/su *root*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuckuykendall
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudoers file

i have defined a rule in the sudoers file so a specific user is able to run some commands as sudo with no password. my question is: is it possible to restrict a user to run commands as sudo only in a certain directory? for example: chown only the files that are located in /var/tmp. Thank you. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noam128
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to take backup of a file , tell command and syntax

how to take backup of a file , tell command and syntax (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Help with sudoers file - AIX

Hi all, I'm trying to setup my sudoer file at work to have the right security, but I'm not able to refine to the level I want. Here's what I would like to have: => OS Users - John (group staff) - Bob (group staff) - app20adm (group app20grp) - app70adm (group app70grp) - sys20adm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorbrca
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help with sudoers file...

Hi, I was asked to create sudoers file for operation team so they can sudo as another user and run few commands. I have updated /etc/sudoers file. User_Alias LEVEL1 = JamesF, dennisW, juanC, steveS, Cmnd_Alias SU_PROD=/bin/su prod, /bin/su - prod Cmnd_Alias SU_NYOP=/bin/su... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Getting details from sudoers file

Hi, I need the details of which ids belong to the sudoers file, and which groups these ids belong to. Can anyone suggest a way to derive that information into a flat file please? G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Sudoers file

Hi using Solaris 10. trying to update /etc/sudoers file I need to add all the fist level operation team. This is what I have but it doesn't seem to work. Please help.Error message sudo su - >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< >>> sudoers file: parse error, line 9 <<< ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudoers file

In the sudoers file in Solaris... I am trying to limit the DEVELOPER user privileges to where those users can only use the “rm” command in certain directories. This is to prevent them from deleting directories or files and destroying a server. I want them to be able to use the "rm" command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzonefx
1 Replies
apache2ctl(8)                                                 System Manager's Manual                                                apache2ctl(8)

NAME
apache2ctl - Apache HTTP server control interface SYNOPSIS
When acting in SysV init mode, apache2ctl takes simple, one-word commands, defined below. apachectl command apache2ctl command When acting in pass-through mode, apache2ctl can take all the arguments available for the httpd binary. apachectl [httpd-argument] apache2ctl [httpd-argument] DESCRIPTION
apache2ctl is a front end to the Apache HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) server. It is designed to help the administrator control the functioning of the Apache apache2 daemon. NOTE: The default Debian configuration requires the environment variables APACHE_RUN_USER, APACHE_RUN_GROUP, and APACHE_PID_FILE to be set in /etc/apache2/envvars. The apache2ctl script returns a 0 exit value on success, and >0 if an error occurs. For more details, view the comments in the script. OPTIONS
The command can be any one or more of the following options: start Start the Apache daemon. Gives an error if it is already running. stop Stops the Apache daemon. restart Restarts the Apache daemon by sending it a SIGHUP. If the daemon is not running, it is started. This command automatically checks the configuration files via configtest before initiating the restart to to catch the most obvious errors. However, it is still possible for the daemon to die because of problems with the configuration. fullstatus Displays a full status report from mod_status. For this to work, you need to have mod_status enabled on your server and a text-based browser such as lynx available on your system. The URL used to access the status report can be set by setting the APACHE_STATUSURL variable in /etc/apache2/envvars. status Displays a brief status report. Similar to the fullstatus option, except that the list of requests currently being served is omitted. graceful Gracefully restarts the Apache daemon by sending it a SIGUSR1. If the daemon is not running, it is started. This differs from a normal restart in that currently open connections are not aborted. A side effect is that old log files will not be closed immediately. This means that if used in a log rotation script, a substantial delay may be necessary to ensure that the old log files are closed before processing them. This command automatically checks the configuration files via apache2ctl configtest before initiating the restart to to catch the most obvious errors. However, it is still possible for the daemon to die because of problems with the configuration. graceful-stop Gracefully stops the Apache httpd daemon. This differs from a normal stop in that currently open connections are not aborted. A side effect is that old log files will not be closed immediately. configtest Run a configuration file syntax test. It parses the configuration files and either reports Syntax Ok or information about the particular syntax error. This test does not catch all errors. help Displays a short help message. The following option was available in earlier versions but has been removed. startssl To start httpd with SSL support, you should edit your configuration file to include the relevant directives and then use the normal apache2ctl start. ENVIRONMENT
The behaviour of apache2ctl can be influenced with these environment variables: APACHE_HTTPD, APACHE_LYNX, APACHE_STATUSURL, APACHE_ULIMIT_MAX_FILES, APACHE_RUN_DIR, APACHE_LOCK_DIR, APACHE_RUN_USER, APACHE_ARGUMENTS, APACHE_ENVVARS. See the comments in the script for details. These variables (except APACHE_ENVVARS) can be set in /etc/apache2/envvars. SEE ALSO
apache2(8), /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.Debian.gz April 2008 apache2ctl(8)