Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Backup for NAS huge File system Post 303037714 by AbuAliiiiiiiiii on Saturday 10th of August 2019 05:57:59 PM
Old 08-10-2019
Backup for NAS huge File system

Gents,

I have NAS File System mounted in Solaris as \Sysapp with size 8 TB

the problem once the backup stared it is impacting the performance of the OS.

Do you have any idea how to can we backup this FS with fast scenario without impacting the OS.

Backup type : Netbackup

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Scheduled backup of a file system.

I have an IBM, P-series Intellistation running AIX5.1. I have installed an IBM DAT72 4mm tape drive. It is installed as an Other Scsi Device(ost). When I schedule a backup it fail's to run (input or output error). Does this device need an Auto mount of some kind? If I run a diagnostic test (for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeweisser
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Finding IP address of the system hosting an NAS

Hi, On Solaris 5.8 when I run the command df -F nfs one of the outputs I am getting is: pun-filer-01:/vol/Unix/punehome/vineetd out of which "pun-filer-01" is hostname of the machine on which the NAS device is hosted and /vol/Unix/punehome/vineetd is the mount point. I am interested in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineetd
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File system backup alert

Hi All, OS: AIX 5.3 64 bits Could anyone please share unix File system backup alert shell script which sends an alert message upon failure.. Thanks for your time! Regards, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

4. AIX

Backup for GPFS file system

Unix people.. Backup for GPFS file system /dev/gpfs /application I have GPFS file system and I'd like to take backup for that file system to the tape I'm using this command Smitty fs + Backup a File System And I'm take the backup but this is will work if that gfs2 but I'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
4 Replies

5. Debian

backup debian-nas

hello i want to backup my debian running nas (only the debian part) i wanna do this over ssh is this possible and how to do this thx ---------- Post updated at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:57 AM ---------- the thing is i f this is possible i wanne have te back up of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joosted
2 Replies

6. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My file system is 100%, can't find the huge file

Please help. My file system is 100%, I can't seem to find what is taking so much space. The total hard drive space is 150Gig free but I got nothing now. I did to this to find the big file but it's taking so much time. Is there any other way? du -ah / | more find ./ -size +200M... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

8. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Related to "NAS" some file system (mounted volumes) were not writable

Dear friends, I have been facing an issue with one of my red hat unix machine, suddenly lost to switch sudo users. My all colleagues lost to switch to access sudo users. Then, we have realized its related to NAS issue which does not allowing to write the file. because of this we got so many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Split huge File System

Gents I have huge NAS File System as /sys with size 10 TB and I want to Split each 1TB in spirit File System to be mounted in the server. How to can I do that without changing anything in the source. Please your support. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AbuAliiiiiiiiii
1 Replies
BDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference							BDB.DB0(5)

NAME
       bdb.DB0, bdb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Backup Database and associated log

DESCRIPTION
       The bdb.DB0 file contains the Backup Database, which records configuration information used by the AFS Backup System along with cross-
       indexed records of the tapes created and volumes dumped using the Backup System commands.

The bdb.DBSYS1 file is a log file in which the Backup Server (buserver process) logs each database operation before performing it. When an
       operation is interrupted, the Backup Server replays the log to complete the operation.

Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each database server machine that runs the Backup
       Server.	When the Backup Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its
       copy of the bdb.DB0 file matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the Backup Servers use AFS's distributed database
       technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number.

Use the commands in the backup suite to administer the Backup Database. It is advisable to create a backup copy of the bdb.DB0 file on tape
       on a regular basis, using the UNIX tar command or another local disk backup utility.

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_savedb(8), buserver(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26								BDB.DB0(5)