Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What do I do in shell scripting to access ma databases from my system? Post 303036956 by C-lo on Thursday 18th of July 2019 11:20:16 PM
Old 07-19-2019
What do I do in shell scripting to access ma databases from my system?

How do I go about programming my system? I have access to multiple data bases but no way to operate them

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

use shell scripts to update tables from databases

Hi I need to write a shell script that will access tables available on webpages and update a table on my webpage on a periodic basis. It will access, say for example a website that periodically update a table with certain quantities and update my table accordingly.it should have the flexibility... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannabegeek
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Webmail access using shell scripting

Hi all, Is it possible that I can access a webmail inbox using unix shell scripting? If that is possible, can you please give me some tips so that i can proceed further? Thanks, Geetha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
6 Replies

5. Web Development

store images into databases or path to file system files ?

hi, I need a quick information about storing images into mysql databases. Is more convenient to store a path to the filesystem folder in which the images are stored, or is possible to directly store the images into my tables ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for System Administrators

Hi, I am working as a linux adminstrator and I want to learn shell scripting which helps me for day to day administration. I want to know about the good books / links for shell scripting for system adminstrators. Thanks & Regards Arun (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting for System Administrator

Hello All, If possible can anybody kindly let me know the good shell scripting book for system Administrator. Thanks & Regards, Vinay.K.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay_ks
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

(solved) Shell scripting to access SQLPLUS using variable

I have shell script which will try to login to SQL Plus and retrieve some data, based on the outcome i will proceed further Below is the content of the file pebblz02% cat test1.ksh #! /bin/ksh dummyvar=`sqlplus -S csm_admin/csm_admin@SIDNAME <<EOF echo hi; exit; EOF` Error message on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
0 Replies

9. SCO

Stop boot system at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases"

Hi, (i'm sorry for my english) I'm a problem on boot sco unix 5.0.5 open server. this stop at "Checking protected password and checking subsystem databases" (See this image ) I'm try this: 1) http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/50/37093/#post37094 2) SCO: SCO Unix - Server hangs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: buji
9 Replies
HLINS(1)						      General Commands Manual							  HLINS(1)

NAME
hlins - insert url's into html documents SYNOPSIS
hlins [options] [infile] DESCRIPTION
hlins is a program that inserts hypertext links into html documents, according to one or several data bases associating addresses (url's) to names. hlins is designed for inserting links for persons: It knows about abbreviations of first and middle names and tolerated dropping of the last part of a composite last name. If no file argument is given then input is taken from stdin; when no output option (see below) is given then output goes to stdout. For a complete description, see the documention in html format. OPTIONS
hlins follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`--'). -o, --output-file file Write to file instead of standard output -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show the version of the program. -q, --quiet Surpress diagnostic output. -db, --data-bases files ... Use files ... as data bases -m, --modify files ... Dont't act as filter but perform in-pace modifications of files. -R, --recursive Recursively descend into directories and act on all files with names ending on .html. -td, --tmp-dir dir Use directory dir to create temporary files. --db-to-html List the address data bases in HTML format to stdout. ENVIRONMENT
TMPDIR default directory for creating temporay files. VERSION
This manual pages describes version 0.39. SEE ALSO
The full documentation with examples should be available in /usr/share/doc/hlins/. See also the hlins home page http://www.lsv.ens-cachan.fr/~treinen/hlins/. AUTHOR
Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>. July 25, 2000 HLINS(1)