Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Solution which is works perfect if all headers match from file b Post 303036666 by RudiC on Sunday 7th of July 2019 05:47:31 AM
Old 07-07-2019
Wildly guessing what your request might be, I came up with
Code:
awk '
BEGIN           {OFS = FS = ","}
FNR == NR       {h[$0] = NR
                 T[NR] = $0
                 MX = NR
                 next
                }
FNR == 1        {for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ($i in h) a[h[$i]] = i
                 for (i=1; i<=MX; i++) printf "%s%s", T[i], (i==MX)?RS:OFS
                 next
                }

{for (i=1; i<=MX; i++) printf "%s%s", a[i]?$a[i]:"n/a", (i==MX)?RS:OFS
                }
' fileB fileA

How far would that get you?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction of perfect text from file.

Hi All, I have a file of the following format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> <tomcat-users> <role rolename="tomcat"/> <role rolename="role1"/> <role rolename="manager"/> <role rolename="admin"/> <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/> <user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove headers thar dont match

Good evening I need your help please, im new at Unix and i wanted to remove the first 5 headers for 100000 records files and then create a control file .ctl that contains the number of records and all seem to work out but when i tested at production it didnt wotk. Here is the code: #!... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Samba idmap ldap: works perfect on Linux,bad on Solaris and hpux

I have configured samba for working with and external ldap(ad windows2003+openldap backend to obtain the same uid and gid on all linux machines) On linux works perfect,and i get the same uid for a X user on all machines. On solaris11 and hpux 11.31 not wbinfo -u works fine wbinfo -g works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

My original files are like this below and I distinguish them from the AP_ID (file1 has 572 and file2 has 544). Also, the header on file1 has “G_” pre-pended. NOTE: these are only snippets of very large files and much of the data is not present here. Original File 1: ... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
36 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only the closet match of timestamped row (include headers) from file1 to precede file2 row/s

This is a question that is related to one I had last August when I was trying to sort/merge two files by millsecond time column (in this case column 6). The script (below) that helped me last august by RudiC solved the puzzle of sorting/merging two files by time, except it gets lost when the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
0 Replies
Moose::Autobox::Code(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Moose::Autobox::Code(3)

NAME
Moose::Autobox::Code - the Code role SYNOPOSIS
use Moose::Autobox; my $adder = sub { $_[0] + $_[1] }; my $add_2 = $adder->curry(2); $add_2->(2); # returns 4 # create a recursive subroutine # using the Y combinator *factorial = sub { my $f = shift; sub { my $n = shift; return 1 if $n < 2; return $n * $f->($n - 1); } }->y; factorial(10) # returns 3628800 DESCRIPTION
This is a role to describe operations on the Code type. METHODS
curry (@values) rcurry (@values) conjoin (&sub) disjoin (&sub) compose (@subs) This will take a list of @subs and compose them all into a single subroutine where the output of one sub will be the input of another. y This implements the Y combinator. u This implements the U combinator. meta SEE ALSO
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_point_combinator> <http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/20469> BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006-2008 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-10-27 Moose::Autobox::Code(3)