Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting --SunOS 5.10 nawk for paragraph not working Post 303036638 by MadeInGermany on Friday 5th of July 2019 01:33:16 PM
Old 07-05-2019
Quote:
There are still some scripts laying around that depend on that version of awk.
Don, they would all work with nawk. Or can you show me one that does not, or give me a pointer?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK Script not working fine

Hello to all can any one help me out with a nawk script. Actually i am having a shell script which uses nawk pattern searching and it is not parsing the file properly. I have been debugging it since long time, but nt able 2 find the root cause.. If any one can help me out with this one .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheeraj19584
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SunOS 5.10 - VI Arrow keys not working

Hi I am working on SunOS 5.10 from remote terminal using putty. Also echo $TERM xterm In vi editor when in insert mode arrow keys are not working for cursor movement instead they print A B C and D. Please help. thanks ravs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravashingravi
7 Replies

3. Solaris

tr -d is not working on SunOS 5.9

i am using sunos 5.9. entityname="india\/delhi" correctpattern="<branch value=\"/`echo $entityname | tr -d '\'`/WORKAREA/\"> echo $correctpattern the output should be <branch value="/india/delhi/WORKAREA/"> This is working fine in command line but not working when i placed these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Script not working

Any idea why this isn't working? YESTERF=`TZ=aaa24 date +%b"-"%d | sed 's/-0/--/'` filelist2=$(find /export/home/gen/cks/traces \( -name \*YESTERF\* -name \*DNA\* \) -print | tr '\n' ' ') print "Date/Time,Location,Shelf,IP,Reason,Log Filename" >> $OUTPUT nawk -F':' ' $2 ~... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ther2000
2 Replies

5. Solaris

All i/o (ftp) not working on this SunOS 5.10

Hi everyone: I have been trying to simply FTP a file over to this SunOS 5.10 (which is same as Solaris 10 now) and nothing works! I can only Telnet to this via SSH (with my own account/uid), and I can also send simple mail out with mailx, that's all!!! I cannot FTP to it (I think FTP... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
7 Replies

6. Solaris

SunOs 5.9: why is 'ulimit -c' not working?

I have a situation where the system is dumping a 2g causing filesystem to fill up. We identified the source and working on a solution. However, I wanted to limit the size of the 'core' file. Please examine the test scenario ... cnewtonne@mars> ulimit -f 0 cnewtonne@mars> ls -ltr core*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnewtonne
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx not working on SunOS 5.9

I m trying to send o/p of one file using mailx command but is not working PFB command : cat healthchecklog | mailx -s "HEALTH CHECKS" abc@jkl.com also I have checked the ps -ef for mailx which is giveing below o/p ps -ef | grep mail root 364 1 0 Jun 08 ? ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk command not working for Question mark (?)

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with nawk command. The data is as below: ABC0022,BASC,Scene Package,INR,02May17,XXX4266,be?. Hotel,3,AW01,Twin Room,61272,41308,39590,39590,X,X ABC0022,BASC,Scene Package,INR,02May17,XXX4266,be?. Hotel,3,AW02,Twin Room with Balcony,9272,85638,4520,9590,X,X... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirans.229
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Manipulate files with find and fuser not working as expected on SunOs

Greetings, For housekeeping, I use the following command: find /some/path -type f -name "*log*" ! -exec fuser -s "{}" 2>/dev/null \; -exec ls -lh {} \; It finds all log files not currently in use by a process and manipulates them. This command always works on linux and redhat machines,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dampio
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Sendmail not working in SUNOS

Hi All i am trying to send a mail from SunOS to my outlook mail but it is not working neither giving any error please suggest # uuencode /tmp/t.txt t.txt | mailx -s test v.com # # uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
BASHBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual							BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--version] [--help] [email-address] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning bash in a standard format. bashbug invokes the editor specified by the environment variable EDITOR on a temporary copy of the bug report format outline. The user must fill in the appropriate fields and exit the editor. bashbug then mails the completed report to bug-bash@gnu.org, or email-address. If the report cannot be mailed, it is saved in the file dead.bashbug in the invoking user's home directory. The bug report format outline consists of several sections. The first section provides information about the machine, operating system, the bash version, and the compilation environment. The second section should be filled in with a description of the bug. The third sec- tion should be a description of how to reproduce the bug. The optional fourth section is for a proposed fix. Fixes are encouraged. ENVIRONMENT
bashbug will utilize the following environment variables if they exist: EDITOR Specifies the preferred editor. If EDITOR is not set, bashbug defaults to emacs. HOME Directory in which the failed bug report is saved if the mail fails. TMPDIR Directory in which to create temporary files and directories. SEE ALSO
bash(1) AUTHORS
Brian Fox, Free Software Foundation bfox@gnu.org Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University chet@po.cwru.edu GNU Bash-4.0 1998 July 30 BASHBUG(1)