Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need to convert bytearray into text2pcap format Post 303036535 by RudiC on Monday 1st of July 2019 09:29:04 AM
Old 07-01-2019
Try
Code:
awk '{printf "%04x %s\n", counter, $0; counter += NF}'  file
0000 84 78 ac 54 99 e4 bc 05 1d a2 00 62 00 c0 a2 00
0010 00 fc 00 0c 29 15 6c c6 a8 9d 21 93 2b 90 81 00
0020 02 6c 08 00 45 00 05 98 e5 5a 00 00 fe 11 11 ed

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert mmddyy date format to ccyyddd format??

hi, for reading a cobol indexed file i need to convert "mmddyy" date format to "ccyyddd" format. i checked the datecalc and other scripts but couldnt modify them to cater to my need:(... The datecalc gives an output which i believe is the total days till that date, but i want to convert it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:) Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on this.........Let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:confused: Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

5. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch time format to normal date time format in the same file

I have a file named "suspected" with series of line like these : {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent KRPC', 'server': '219.78.120.166', 'client_port': 52044, 'client': '10.64.68.44', 'server_port': 8291, 'time': 1226506312L, 'serverhostname': ''} {'protocol': 17, 'service': 'BitTorrent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UNIX file format to PC format

Hi All, Is there any way to convert a file which is in UNIX format to a PC format.... Flip command can be used , apart form this command can we have any other way.... like usinf "awk" etc ..... main purpose of not using flip is that my Kshell doesnot support this comamnd.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samtel
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX file format to PC format

Hi All, Is there any way to convert a file which is in UNIX format to a PC format.... Flip command can be used , apart form this command can we have any other way.... like usinf "awk" etc ..... main purpose of not using flip is that my Kshell doesnot support this comamnd.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samtel
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl module to convert xlsx format to xls format

Hi Folks, I have written a perl script that reads data from excel sheet(.xls) using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module. But the problem is this module doesn't work for excel sheets with extension .xlsx. I have gone through Spreadsheet::XLSX module with which we can read from .xlsx file directly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies
LOG2PCAP(1)							   User Commands						       LOG2PCAP(1)

NAME
log2pcap - Extract network traces from Samba log files SYNOPSIS
log2pcap [-h] [-q] [logfile] [pcap_file] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. log2pcap reads in a samba log file and generates a pcap file (readable by most sniffers, such as ethereal or tcpdump) based on the packet dumps in the log file. The log file must have a log level of at least 5 to get the SMB header/parameters right, 10 to get the first 512 data bytes of the packet and 50 to get the whole packet. OPTIONS
-h If this parameter is specified the output file will be a hex dump, in a format that is readable by the text2pcap utility. -q Be quiet. No warning messages about missing or incomplete data will be given. logfile Samba log file. log2pcap will try to read the log from stdin if the log file is not specified. pcap_file Name of the output file to write the pcap (or hexdump) data to. If this argument is not specified, output data will be written to stdout. -h|--help Print a summary of command line options. EXAMPLES
Extract all network traffic from all samba log files: $ log2pcap < /var/log/* > trace.pcap Convert to pcap using text2pcap: $ log2pcap -h samba.log | text2pcap -T 139,139 - trace.pcap VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0 of the Samba suite. BUGS
Only SMB data is extracted from the samba logs, no LDAP, NetBIOS lookup or other data. The generated TCP and IP headers don't contain a valid checksum. SEE ALSO
text2pcap(1), ethereal(1) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+----------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+----------------------+ |Availability | SUNWsmbar, SUNWsmbau | +--------------------+----------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+----------------------+ NOTES
Source for Samba is available on http://opensolaris.org. Samba(7) delivers the set of four SMF(5) services as can be seen from the following example: $ svcs samba wins winbind swat STATE STIME FMRI disabled Apr_21 svc:/network/samba:default disabled Apr_21 svc:/network/winbind:default disabled Apr_21 svc:/network/wins:default disabled Apr_21 svc:/network/swat:default where the services are: "samba" runs the smbd daemon managing the CIFS sessions "wins" runs the nmbd daemon enabling the browsing (WINS) "winbind" runs the winbindd daemon making the domain idmap "swat" Samba Web Administration Tool is a service providing access to browser-based Samba administration interface and on-line documentation. The service runs on software loopback network interface on port 901/tcp, i.e. opening "http://localhost:901/" in browser will access the SWAT service on local machine. Please note: SWAT uses HTTP Basic Authentication scheme where user name and passwords are sent over the network in clear text. In the SWAT case the user name is root. Transferring such sensitive data is advisable only on the software loopback network interface or over secure networks. Samba 3.0 01/19/2009 LOG2PCAP(1)