Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help using pax to restore into current directory? Post 303036463 by Neo on Thursday 27th of June 2019 10:35:34 AM
Old 06-27-2019
Agreed.

Please do not answer user questions RTFM.

Better not to reply if anyone wants to post a RTFM reply which is not permitted at unix.com.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

filename in current directory

I want to perform a task on all the files in the current directory but I'd like to loop through them one at a time. How do I tell it to give me the first filename? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: calgone337
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

3. AIX

Restore a directory from backup

Dear All: we are using backup command on AIX to take backup as below in this command we also add compress command ulimit unlimited cd /apps/oracle find orcldb orcldata arch |tee /apps/orabkp/ofgl.faysalbank.com-17Jun10Thu-ORCL-DB.bkp.gz.log | backup -ivqf - |gzip -c >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to restore cpio archive to a directory

Hello Every one, I want to back up all passwd files to /xyz/passfiles.cpio and Then restore them to /abc directory. Here is what I wrote: find / -name passwd | cpio -oc > /tmp/passwd.cpio and to restore cd abc cpio -ium < /tmp/passwd.cpio I can not find the files restored to /abc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drdigital_m
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tarball of current directory

I wanna make a backup tarball. I wanna write a script that makes tarball of the current directory. There are lots of files so I cant type all files, I wanna make the tarball by excluding few files. Like there 1000 files in a directory I wanna create a tarball containing 98 files of that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

current directory in awk

Hello, I want to use the string with the current directory in my awk command. I tried: 'pwd=system("pwd")' but it doesn't work. can please help somebody? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
2 Replies

7. AIX

Using restorevgfiles to restore entire directory from rootvg problems

I am trying to restore a specific directory and all sub-directories therein using a rootvg tape. I am using the following command to make the backup: mksysb -m -i -v /dev/rmt0 However, I am getting the following result: tctl status rmt0 Available 04-08-00-0,0 LVD SCSI 4mm Tape Drive... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to email the current directory?

Hi, I'm very new to Unix, but have been given a command to type in which is : mail -s <email subject goes here> <my email address> <success.txt this command is quite a basic one and sends an email containing the contents of the file "success.txt" to whatever email I put in with the subject of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnmuk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the current directory Path?

How to get the current directory Path in your prompt? i am getting a $ mark only in my prompt? Please help me with this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek0683
3 Replies

10. AIX

Restore directory and contents from tape

Hi, I have taken a backup of a directory on my tape in using below command cd /backup find * -print|backup -ivf '/dev/rmt0' '-U' |tee -a /syslogs/backup.log and output appear in below format. a 0 rman-before-08032014 a 58403323904... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies
AMVERIFY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       AMVERIFY(8)

NAME
amverify - check an Amanda tape for errors SYNOPSIS
amverify config [ slot [ runtapes ] ] DESCRIPTION
Amverify reads an Amanda format tape and makes sure each backup image can be processed by amrestore and, if possible, the appropriate restore program (e.g. tar). Amverify runs amrestore on each file of the tape and pipes the output to a restore program (if available) with an option to create a cata- logue of the backup. The catalogue itself is discarded. Only the success or failure of the operation itself is reported. If the backup image cannot be processed by the restore program, e.g. if it was written on a different operating system, the image is sent through dd to /dev/null. This still determines if the tape is readable, but does not do any internal consistency check on the image. If config is set up to use a tape changer, the slot argument may be used to choose the first tape to process. Otherwise, the current slot is used. The runtapes configuration parameter determines how many tapes are processed unless it is specified on the command line. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. AUTHOR
Axel Zinser <fifi@icem.de> SEE ALSO
amrestore(8), amanda(8), amverifyrun(8) AMVERIFY(8)