Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) A simple variable frequency sinewave audio generator. Post 303035891 by MadeInGermany on Friday 7th of June 2019 04:23:53 AM
Old 06-07-2019
A suggestion for more efficiency:
Code:
# Open the file for writing via descriptor 4
exec 4> /tmp/sine.wav
{
printf "%b" "\122\111\106\106\044\000\001\000\127\101\126\105\146\155\164\040\020\000\000\000\001\000\001\000"
printf "%b" "${RATE}"
printf "%b" "\000\000\001\000\010\000\144\141\164\141\000\000\001\000"
} >&4
# Add the sinewave data, 65536 bytes in size.
DATA="Oq~qO- -"
COUNTER=0
while [ ${COUNTER} -le 12 ]
do
    printf "%b" "${DATA}"
    COUNTER=$(( COUNTER + 1 ))
done >&4
# Entire filesize 65580 bytes, 8+ seconds long for 1000[Hz]

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Python, Platform Independent, Pure Audio Sinewave Generator...

IKHz_SW_OSX.py A DEMO mono _pure_ sinewave generator using standard text mode Python 2.6.7 to at least 2.7.3. This code is EASILY modifyable to Python version 3.x.x... This DEMO kids level 1KHz generator is mainly for a MacBook Pro, (13 inch in my case), OSX 10.7.5 and above. See below...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Crude 1KHz Audio Sinewave Generator Demo...

A very simple crude sinewave generator. The file required is generated inside the code, is linear interpolated and requires /dev/audio to work. Ensure you have this device, if not the download oss-compat from your OS's repository... It lasts for about 8 seconds before exiting and saves a... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

A SOX 1KHz Sinewave Generator Using A Batch File...

Hi all... I don't think this has been done before but I am open to being corrected... This batch file generates a 65536 byte binary file to give 8 seconds of pure sinewave at the earphone/speaker output(s)... It uses ONLY a default Windows 32 bit installation, to Windows 7, except for the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

A Bash Audio Sweep Generator...

This is a small program as a tester for a basic sweep generator for bandwidth testing of AudioScope.sh. This DEMO is only capable of 4KHz down to about 85Hz and back due to the low bit rate, but it is proof of concept for a much wider variant using a much higher bit rate. The file generated... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

An Audio Function Generator...

Ok guys, gals and geeks... As from today I am starting to learn awk in earnest doing something totally different. I am going to create a pseudo-Audio_Function Generator centred around OSX 10.11.x minimum. The code below is a tester to see what the possibilities are. All waveforms will be... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Variable frequency audio generator...

Hi all... I intend to do an Audio Function Generator using Awk, (already started thanks to Don), but the biggest thing I have struggled with was variable frequency. I was going to generate differing sized waveforms on the fly but that would that would mean the frequencies are dependent on any... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Start Of A Simple Audio Scope Shell Script...

This is a DEMO shell script to generate a simple graticule and plot inside it... Apologies for any typos... it is another building block along with my other two shell uploads recently to start a semi_serious project of an Terminal_AudioScope... The fist upload I posted recently was to show... (83 Replies)
83 Replies
AFGETFRAMECOUNT(3)														AFGETFRAMECOUNT(3)

NAME
afGetFrameCount, afGetTrackBytes, afGetDataOffset - get the total sample frame count, length of audio track in bytes, offset of the audio track for a track in an audio file SYNOPSIS
#include <audiofile.h> AFframecount afGetFrameCount (AFfilehandle file, int track); AFfileoffset afGetTrackBytes (AFfilehandle file, int track); AFfileoffset afGetDataOffset (AFfilehandle file, int track); PARAMETERS
file is an audio file handle created by a previous call to afOpenFile(3). track is an integer which specifies an audio track within file. All supported file formats contain exactly one audio track per file, so the constant AF_DEFAULT_TRACK should always be used. DESCRIPTION
afGetFrameCount returns the total number of sample frames contained within the specified track of the specified file. Each sample frame of audio consists of a fixed number of samples (equal to the number of audio channels in the track. For monaural data, a sample frame consists of one audio sample. For stereophonic data, a sample frame consists of a stereo pair. afGetTrackBytes returns the total number of bytes of raw audio data (i.e., prior to decompression or conversion) in the track. afGetDataOffset returns the offset in bytes of the start of the audio data contained within the specified track of the specified file. RETURN VALUE
afGetFrameCount returns the total number of sample frames in track. afGetTrackBytes returns the total number of bytes of audio data in track. afGetDataOffset returns the offset in bytes to the beginning of the audio data in track. Each of these routines returns -1 in case of error. AUTHOR
Michael Pruett <michael@68k.org> Audio File Library 0.3.6 03/06/2013 AFGETFRAMECOUNT(3)