Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? PHP Man Pages Now Available (Over 10,000) Post 303035817 by Neo on Tuesday 4th of June 2019 01:01:19 AM
Old 06-04-2019
Update:

I am in the process of completely removing these PHP pages from our Man Page Database.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages query....

Hello,,, can I use any command in order to be able to see man pages,,, page per page instead for running too fast???:confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spyros
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read man pages

can anybody explain me how to read unix man pages? for example when i want to get information about ps command man ps gives me this output: *********************************** Reformatting page. Please wait... completed ps(1) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

7. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Looking for some man pages.

Can anyone supply me with the man pages for: omnidatalist omnibarlist omnisap.exe I prefer the source man pages in nroff format. A clue about the software bundles which supply these man pages is fine as well. OS: HP-UX TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb008
11 Replies
KILLPG(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 KILLPG(2)

NAME
killpg - send signal to a process group SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int killpg(int pgrp, int sig); DESCRIPTION
Killpg sends the signal sig to the process group pgrp. See sigaction(2) for a list of signals. If pgrp is 0, killpg sends the signal to the sending process's process group. The sending process and members of the process group must have the same effective user ID, or the sender must be the super-user. As a sin- gle special case the continue signal SIGCONT may be sent to any process that is a descendant of the current process. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EINVAL Sig is not a valid signal number. ESRCH No process can be found in the process group specified by pgrp. ESRCH The process group was given as 0 but the sending process does not have a process group. EPERM The sending process is not the super-user and one or more of the target processes has an effective user ID different from that of the sending process. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, 4.4BSD (The killpg function call first appeared in 4.0BSD). SEE ALSO
kill(2), getpgrp(2), signal(2) BSD Man Page 1993-07-23 KILLPG(2)