Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Iscsiadm command returns error 'no records found' Post 303035690 by Neo on Thursday 30th of May 2019 10:15:54 PM
Old 05-30-2019
We don't have crystal balls, time machines into the future or super Avenger mind reading powers here.

Everyone should post basic system information, such as your

Code:
/etc/sudoers

file (on Linux)

when asking for help about why their sudo commands do not work as expected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Command Not Found Error?

Hi, I am beginer to Linux. I have installed Redhat Linux AS 4.0 on my System.Later I created a User Oracle10g for Installing Oracle.Then I logged onto Oracle10g user and crated a Bash Profile and when I run that profile there was an error in that Profile. from then If I type any of Linux Command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praswer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found error!

Hello everyone, I am using Linux and tcsh shell. I am trying to run a free open source program( which is in the form of a binary file), but every time I run it it gives me an error saying: newhtsg_v1.0:Command not found. I have set permission also for the same. What else can I do to make... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

If 'host' returns not found...

$ host 80.159.xx.xxx Host 222.79.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa not found: 3(NXDOMAIN) What does this mean? The person currently using the IP address in IRC is chatting right now, but how come if he's online it doesn't return any information? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo x - returns: x: command not found

I have been experiencing this problem intermittantly, I thought the problem was '/bin/sh -> /bin/dash' but I changed that to bash and the problem persists. I am writing functions to be included in user's '.bash_profile' through source or '.' filename a quick example of the problem is illustrated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsquared
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command not found error

I have a program called abc installed in /usr/local/bin. My path is as follows: # echo $PATH /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/root/bin However, when entering the abc command, the following error appears: # abc abc: Command not found When... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
7 Replies

6. Linux

command not found error

I installed in VM the Mandriva Linux. But when I fire the make command it gives me command not found error. Seems make is not installed. I also checked in Mandriva control center and no development package is seen there. Will pls let me know how to proceed and get make and other development... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source command returns error when it strikes conditional statement "ifeq"

Hello All, I am running source command on my project configuration file app.cfg which has conditional statements with make file systax E.g ifeq ($(APP_CMP_DIR),trunk). When I source this file it throws error: syntax error near unexpected token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command not found error

$ cat nu who | wc -l $ ls -l nu -rwxr-x--- 1 _ _ 11 Jul 30 12:37 nu //the nu is displayed in green color $ nu bash: nu: command not found I am using a book from 1986 on Unix System V, Release 3, and the Unix system I am connecting to is from my college. Below is the notes from the book:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chip
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found error 'then'

Could you let me know if my path is having bourne bash echo $PATH /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/oracle/bin $ which bash /bin/bash $ which ls alias ls='ls --color=tty' /bin/ls Below is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csguna6
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

Dig only returns MX records in +trace mode

One of our email recipients has 17 mx records, and our emailing program postfix on linux does not retrieve these records. When using dig, the same thing happens. This command returns no mx records >dig mx fnb.co.za But when using +trace, the records get returned >dig mx fnb.co.za +trace ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joop Kaashoek
4 Replies
SSSD-SUDO(5)						   File Formats and Conventions 					      SSSD-SUDO(5)

NAME
sssd-sudo - Configuring sudo with the SSSD back end DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes how to configure sudo(8) to work with sssd(8) and how SSSD caches sudo rules. CONFIGURING SUDO TO COOPERATE WITH SSSD
To enable SSSD as a source for sudo rules, add sss to the sudoers entry in nsswitch.conf(5). For example, to configure sudo to first lookup rules in the standard sudoers(5) file (which should contain rules that apply to local users) and then in SSSD, the nsswitch.conf file should contain the following line: sudoers: files sss More information about configuring the sudoers search order from the nsswitch.conf file as well as information about the LDAP schema that is used to store sudo rules in the directory can be found in sudoers.ldap(5). Note: in order to use netgroups or IPA hostgroups in sudo rules, you also need to correctly set nisdomainname(1) to your NIS domain name (which equals to IPA domain name when using hostgroups). CONFIGURING SSSD TO FETCH SUDO RULES
All configuration that is needed on SSSD side is to extend the list of services with "sudo" in [sssd] section of sssd.conf(5). To speed up the LDAP lookups, you can also set search base for sudo rules using ldap_sudo_search_base option. The following example shows how to configure SSSD to download sudo rules from an LDAP server. [sssd] config_file_version = 2 services = nss, pam, sudo domains = EXAMPLE [domain/EXAMPLE] id_provider = ldap sudo_provider = ldap ldap_uri = ldap://example.com ldap_sudo_search_base = ou=sudoers,dc=example,dc=com When the SSSD is configured to use IPA as the ID provider, the sudo provider is automatically enabled. The sudo search base is configured to use the compat tree (ou=sudoers,$DC). THE SUDO RULE CACHING MECHANISM
The biggest challenge, when developing sudo support in SSSD, was to ensure that running sudo with SSSD as the data source provides the same user experience and is as fast as sudo but keeps providing the most current set of rules as possible. To satisfy these requirements, SSSD uses three kinds of updates. They are referred to as full refresh, smart refresh and rules refresh. The smart refresh periodically downloads rules that are new or were modified after the last update. Its primary goal is to keep the database growing by fetching only small increments that do not generate large amounts of network traffic. The full refresh simply deletes all sudo rules stored in the cache and replaces them with all rules that are stored on the server. This is used to keep the cache consistent by removing every rule which was deleted from the server. However, full refresh may produce a lot of traffic and thus it should be run only occasionally depending on the size and stability of the sudo rules. The rules refresh ensures that we do not grant the user more permission than defined. It is triggered each time the user runs sudo. Rules refresh will find all rules that apply to this user, check their expiration time and redownload them if expired. In the case that any of these rules are missing on the server, the SSSD will do an out of band full refresh because more rules (that apply to other users) may have been deleted. If enabled, SSSD will store only rules that can be applied to this machine. This means rules that contain one of the following values in sudoHost attribute: o keyword ALL o wildcard o netgroup (in the form "+netgroup") o hostname or fully qualified domain name of this machine o one of the IP addresses of this machine o one of the IP addresses of the network (in the form "address/mask") There are many configuration options that can be used to adjust the behavior. Please refer to "ldap_sudo_*" in sssd-ldap(5) and "sudo_*" in sssd.conf(5). SEE ALSO
sssd(8), sssd.conf(5), sssd-ldap(5), sssd-krb5(5), sssd-simple(5), sssd-ipa(5), sssd-ad(5), sssd-sudo(5),sss_cache(8), sss_debuglevel(8), sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8), sss_obfuscate(8), sss_seed(8), sssd_krb5_locator_plugin(8), sss_ssh_authorizedkeys(8), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(8),pam_sss(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
06/17/2014 SSSD-SUDO(5)