Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with understanding this regex in a Perl script parsing a 'complex' string Post 303035631 by newbie_01 on Wednesday 29th of May 2019 01:49:55 PM
Old 05-29-2019
Hi RudiC

I tried both of your suggestion and they both work fine with test2.log but not with test1.log. Is there any way to get it to work for both or do I need to use different awk code for each?

Code:
$ head -100 test*log
==> test1.log <==
2018-07-23 13:19:38 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=JDBC Thin Client)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=mickey))(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=work_app.com.ph)) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=12.123.11.123)(PORT=53102)) * establish * work_app.com.ph * 0
2018-07-23 09:12:12 * (CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=SQL Developer)(HOST=__jdbc__)(USER=minnie))(SERVICE_NAME=work_app.com.ph)(SERVER=dedicated)(INSTANCE_NAME=testp11)) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.214.14.29)(PORT=53548)) * establish * work_app.com.ph * 0

==> test2.log <==
2019-05-12 04:17:10 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=fail_app.com.ph)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\Windows\system32\exec01.exe)(HOST=MNLAPP01)(USER=!sysadmin01))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.11.11.123)(PORT=62625)) * establish * fail_app.com.ph * 0
2019-05-12 04:17:10 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=fail_app.com.ph)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\Windows\system32\exec02.exe)(HOST=MNLAPP01)(USER=!sysadmin01))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.11.11.123)(PORT=62627)) * establish * fail_app.com.ph * 0
2019-05-12 04:17:10 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=fail_app.com.ph)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\Windows\system32\exec03.exe)(HOST=MNLAPP01)(USER=!sysadmin01))(INSTANCE_NAME=xxxt23)) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.11.11.123)(PORT=62626)) * establish * fail_app.com.ph * 0
2019-05-12 04:17:11 * (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=fail_app.com.ph)(CID=(PROGRAM=C:\Windows\system32\exec01.exe)(HOST=MNLAPP01)(USER=!sysadmin01))) * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.11.11.123)(PORT=62629)) * establish * fail_app.com.ph * 0

These connect strings are from the Oracle DB listener logs and it contains several version of these connection strings. So far, these are the only two formats that I've seen, hopefully there is not another one.

What am currently doing is grep and re-direct all of them to a file and then further break down those two files based on (CONNECT_DATA=(CID= and (CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED) and then run those four (4) awk and paste for each set and then combine them both Smilie. If I found another version of how the CONNECT_DATA looks like, I supposed I create another for that case. Not sure if there is any other way around it.

Would have been if Oracle themselves had provided their own parser Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Parsing a string in PERL

I have an extractfile (with fields delimited by pipes '|') and I want to prepend a counter based on the below requirements: - The counter starts at 3. - The counter increments only if the date (67th field of the extractfile) is different. Below is what I started off with: $cnt=2;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Regex string opperation

I'm working on a basic log parser in perl. Input file looks like: len: 120713 foo bar file size of: testdir1/testdir1/testdir1/testdir1/testfile0 is 120713Of course there are tens of thousands of lines... I'm trying to compare the len and filesize values. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkozel
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help understanding perl script error

I solicited this site earlier this week and got a good answer for a perl Script so I made this script from what understood from the answers But now I have a bug and I'm stump. It doesn't parse correctly the Output it stays on the first line My $f2 and reprints in a endless loop I'm sure there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ex-Capsa
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX - How do extract a string in a line?

Hi Guys, In the following line: cn=portal.090710.191533.428571000,cn=groups,dc=mp,dc=rj,dc=gov,dc=br I need to extract this string: portal.090710.191533.428571000 As you can see this string always will be bettween "cn=" and "," strings. Someone know one regular expression to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick-ski
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Regex, string matching

Hi, I've a logfile which i need to parse and get the logs depending upon the user input. here, i'm providing an option to enter the string which can be matched with the log entries. e.g. one of the logfile entry reads like this - $str = " mpgw(BLUESOAPFramework):... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use Regex to identify / format a complex string

First of all, please have mercy on me. I am not a noob to programming, but I am about as noob as you can get with regex. That being said, I have a problem. I've got a string that looks something like this: Publication - Bob M. Jones, Tony X. Stark, and Fred D. Man, \"Really Awesome Article... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: egill
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Regex Perl

Hi the below perl snippet will replace any three letter string in the beginning with a two letter string which is specified..but if i want to modfiy only certain characters for eg.. ABC - AB CAB - AB AAA - No Modifcations 1AB - AB AB8 - AB Whatever coming before or after of AB only have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regex string match issue..kindly help

i have a script in which i need to skip comments, and i am able to achieve it partially... IN text file: {**************************** {test : test...test } Script: while (<$fh>) { push ( @data, $_); } if ( $data =~ m/(^{\*+$)/ ){ } With the above match i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avskrm
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing expect_out using regex in expect script

Hi, I am trying to write an expect script. Being a newbie in expect, maybee this is a silly doubt but i am stuck here. So essentially , i want the o/p of one router command to be captured . Its something like this Stats Input Rx : 1234 Input Bytes : 3456 My expect script looks ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashy_g
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding perl script

Hello, A former sys admin placed this script on one of our boxes and it needs to be adjusted, but I'm not familiar with perl. Can someone help break this down for me? I'm particularly interested in the -mtime function. What's the time frame being referenced here. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies
nislog(1M)                                                System Administration Commands                                                nislog(1M)

NAME
nislog - display the contents of the NIS+ transaction log SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/nislog [-h num | -t num] [-v] [directory...] DESCRIPTION
nislog displays the contents of the NIS+ server transaction log on the standard output. This command can be used to track changes in the namespace. The /var/nis/trans.log file contains the transaction log maintained by the NIS+ server. When updates occur, they are logged to this file and then propagated to replicas as log transactions. When the log is checkpointed, updates that have been propagated to the replicas are removed. The nislog command can only be run on an NIS+ server by superuser. It displays the log entries for that server only. If directory is not specified, the entire log is searched. Otherwise, only those logs entries that correspond to the specified directories are displayed. OPTIONS
-h num Display num transactions from the ``head'' of the log. If the numeric parameter is 0, only the log header is displayed. -t num Display num transactions from the ``tail'' of the log. If the numeric parameter is 0, only the log header is displayed. -v Verbose mode. FILES
/var/nis/trans.log transaction log ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), rpc.nisd(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 nislog(1M)