Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers UNIX script to append multiple text files into one file based on pattern present in filaname Post 303034910 by RudiC on Thursday 9th of May 2019 09:49:37 AM
Old 05-09-2019
And what should happen to the APPLE file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file into multiple files based on the input pattern

I have a file with lines something like. ...... 123_start ...... ....... 123_end .... ..... 456_start ...... ..... 456_end .... ..... 789_start .... .... 789_end (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abinash
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting large file into multiple files in unix based on pattern

I need to write a shell script for below scenario My input file has data in format: qwerty0101TWE 12345 01022005 01022005 datainala alanfernanded 26 qwerty0101mXZ 12349 01022005 06022008 datainalb johngalilo 28 qwerty0101TWE 12342 01022005 07022009 datainalc hitalbert 43 qwerty0101CFG 12345... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy12
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print multiple lines from text file based on pattern list

I have a text file with a list of items/patterns: ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig12238 ConsensusfromCGX_alldays_trimmedcollapsedfilteredreadscontiglist(229095contigs)contig34624... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oyster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split XML file into multiple files based on pattern

Hello, I am using awk to split a file into multiple files using command: nawk '{ if ( $1 == "<process" ) { n=split($2, arr, "\""); file=arr } print > file }' processes.xml <process name="Process1.process"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append text to files with a same pattern

Hi Folks, I wanted to know if i can use RegEx in a for-loop of a shell script. Here's a scenario, I have a set of files say x1, x2, x3..x9 in a directory(obviously with files other than this pattern). I want to append a line of text to all files that follow pattern x. Can someone help me out? I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prithvirao17
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to append text to filenames if text not already present

I have some html with hrefs that contain local links to pdf filenames. These filenames should have standardised names, i.e. there should be a label prior to the ".pdf" filename suffix. There can be many of these links on a single line of text and some may already have the label. For example ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: adb
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ksh-to read ip file & append lines to another file based on pattern match

Hi, I need help with this- input.txt : L B white X Y white A B brown M Y black Read this input file and if 3rd column is "white", then add specific lines to another file insert.txt. If 3rd column is brown, add different set of lines to insert.txt, and so on. For example, the given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashob123
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a text file into multiple pages based on pattern

Hi, I have a text file (attached the sample). I have also, attached the way the way the files need to be split. We get this file, that will either have 24 Jurisdictions, or will miss some and retain some. Like in the attached sample file, there are only Jurisdictions 03,11,14,15, 20 and 30.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebsus
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Concatenation of multiple files based on file pattern

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
EXP(3M) 																   EXP(3M)

NAME
exp, expm1, log, log10, log1p, pow - exponential, logarithm, power SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> double exp(x) double x; double expm1(x) double x; double log(x) double x; double log10(x) double x; double log1p(x) double x; double pow(x,y) double x,y; DESCRIPTION
Exp returns the exponential function of x. Expm1 returns exp(x)-1 accurately even for tiny x. Log returns the natural logarithm of x. Log10 returns the logarithm of x to base 10. Log1p returns log(1+x) accurately even for tiny x. Pow(x,y) returns x**y. ERROR (due to Roundoff etc.) exp(x), log(x), expm1(x) and log1p(x) are accurate to within an ulp, and log10(x) to within about 2 ulps; an ulp is one Unit in the Last Place. The error in pow(x,y) is below about 2 ulps when its magnitude is moderate, but increases as pow(x,y) approaches the over/underflow thresholds until almost as many bits could be lost as are occupied by the floating-point format's exponent field; that is 8 bits for VAX D and 11 bits for IEEE 754 Double. No such drastic loss has been exposed by testing; the worst errors observed have been below 20 ulps for VAX D, 300 ulps for IEEE 754 Double. Moderate values of pow are accurate enough that pow(integer,integer) is exact until it is bigger than 2**56 on a VAX, 2**53 for IEEE 754. DIAGNOSTICS
Exp, expm1 and pow return the reserved operand on a VAX when the correct value would overflow, and they set errno to ERANGE. Pow(x,y) returns the reserved operand on a VAX and sets errno to EDOM when x < 0 and y is not an integer. On a VAX, errno is set to EDOM and the reserved operand is returned by log unless x > 0, by log1p unless x > -1. NOTES
The functions exp(x)-1 and log(1+x) are called expm1 and logp1 in BASIC on the Hewlett-Packard HP-71B and APPLE Macintosh, EXP1 and LN1 in Pascal, exp1 and log1 in C on APPLE Macintoshes, where they have been provided to make sure financial calculations of ((1+x)**n-1)/x, namely expm1(n*log1p(x))/x, will be accurate when x is tiny. They also provide accurate inverse hyperbolic functions. Pow(x,0) returns x**0 = 1 for all x including x = 0, Infinity (not found on a VAX), and NaN (the reserved operand on a VAX). Previous implementations of pow may have defined x**0 to be undefined in some or all of these cases. Here are reasons for returning x**0 = 1 always:(1) Any program that already tests whether x is zero (or infinite or NaN) before computing x**0 cannot care whether 0**0 = 1 or not. Any program that depends upon 0**0 to be invalid is dubious anyway since that expression's meaning and, if invalid, its consequences vary from one computer system to another.(2) Some Algebra texts (e.g. Sigler's) define x**0 = 1 for all x, including x = 0. This is compatible with the convention that accepts a[0] as the value of polynomial p(x) = a[0]*x**0 + a[1]*x**1 + a[2]*x**2 +...+ a[n]*x**n at x = 0 rather than reject a[0]*0**0 as invalid.(3) Analysts will accept 0**0 = 1 despite that x**y can approach anything or nothing as x and y approach 0 independently. The reason for setting 0**0 = 1 anyway is this: If x(z) and y(z) are any functions analytic (expandable in power series) in z around z = 0, and if there x(0) = y(0) = 0, then x(z)**y(z) -> 1 as z -> 0.(4) If 0**0 = 1, then infinity**0 = 1/0**0 = 1 too; and then NaN**0 = 1 too because x**0 = 1 for all finite and infinite x, i.e., indepen- dently of x. SEE ALSO
math(3M), infnan(3M) AUTHOR
Kwok-Choi Ng, W. Kahan 4th Berkeley Distribution May 27, 1986 EXP(3M)