Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Web development learning thread(Javascript, HTML, CSS, angular, vue.js). Post 303033909 by Neo on Sunday 14th of April 2019 02:39:56 AM
Old 04-14-2019
LOL,

If you were inspired my me Ravinder, you would not use Eclipse to develop a Javascript web app.

Eclipse is a poor choice for a modern IDE for Javascript web app development. Most web developers use Visual Studio Code, Sublime or Atom. I use VSC, personally speaking.

Eclipse is for more for Java developers, not Javascript web developers, in my view. Almost all "2019 web dev tutorials" use VSC. I have never seen one, even by accident, which uses Eclipse, in over two years.

Bottom Line: I would never do this kind of JS web development in Eclipse, Ravinder.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Help with passing HTML values in to JavaScript

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes. I am creating a cheat sheet for co-workers. The concept is that you pick wire size and conduit size and the amount of wires that will fit is displayed. I haven't used alot of drop downs and can't quite figure out the way the get id... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zero3ree
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Javascript or HTML to retrieve apache username

I have a internal wesbite set up and any visitor must enter username / passwd as defined in apache (I've set these up using htpasswd) I use cgi scripts set up using ksh or javascript to populate pages / tables etc. I want to be able to get the apache username that the used authorised... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

3. Web Development

Learning HTML

I have tried to create a web page browser window. An example, I copied what the book pretty much wanted but get only the header. What should I change? Also Anyone know any good books for this? Many thanks. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Translation/EN" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
4 Replies

4. Programming

Looking For the Best Way to Rotate an Image: JavaScript, PHP, HTML etc

Hey All, What I'm looking for is a way to rotate an image by non 90 degree angles (ie 90, 180, 270, 360). I am able to do it in PHP, but there are errors in the image, some pixels end up colored incorrectly and the image ends up resized and I lose transparency. I've done my share of searching on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmd006
1 Replies

5. Web Development

HTML down, CSS help, ahhhh

I am having some problems. I have been able to learn HTML, but when I try and encode CSS, nothing happens, what is the major issue here. <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>MY CSS</title> <style... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
7 Replies

6. Web Development

Simple Vue.js Component to Redirect to External Web Page Using Vue Router

Vue Router has some quirks and on of the quirks is that it is not reliable when adding external links using the vue-router library. After struggling with many solutions, I have found that creating a simple Vue.js component like this one seems to work the best (so far): Component Example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Google Trends: react.js angular.js vue.js

While I'm on the subject of Google trends, here is a global trend since 2004 comparing react.js, angular.js, vue.js It's no secret I'm a vue.js fan and coder, but not because of the trend line (which I just saw for the first time a few minutes ago) My experience is that vue.js, a late arrival... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI - Deploying Catalyst with FastCGI FastCGI Deployment FastCGI is a high-performance extension to CGI. It is suitable for production environments, and is the standard method for deploying Catalyst in shared hosting environments. Pros Speed FastCGI performs equally as well as mod_perl. Don't let the 'CGI' fool you; your app runs as multiple persistent processes ready to receive connections from the web server. App Server When using external FastCGI servers, your application runs as a standalone application server. It may be restarted independently from the web server. This allows for a more robust environment and faster reload times when pushing new app changes. The frontend server can even be configured to display a friendly "down for maintenance" page while the application is restarting. Load-balancing You can launch your application on multiple backend servers and allow the frontend web server to perform load-balancing among all of them. And of course, if one goes down, your app continues to run. Multiple versions of the same app Each FastCGI application is a separate process, so you can run different versions of the same app on a single server. Can run with threaded Apache Since your app is not running inside of Apache, the faster mpm_worker module can be used without worrying about the thread safety of your application. Widely supported. FastCGI is compatible with many server implementations, not just Apache. Cons You may have to disable mod_deflate. If you experience page hangs with mod_fastcgi then remove deflate.load and deflate.conf from mods-enabled/ More complex environment With FastCGI, there are more things to monitor and more processes running than when using mod_perl. Standalone FastCGI Server In server mode the application runs as a standalone server and accepts connections from a web server. The application can be on the same machine as the web server, on a remote machine, or even on multiple remote machines. Advantages of this method include running the Catalyst application as a different user than the web server, and the ability to set up a scalable server farm. To start your application in server mode, install the FCGI::ProcManager module and then use the included fastcgi.pl script. $ script/myapp_fastcgi.pl -l /tmp/myapp.socket -n 5 Command line options for fastcgi.pl include: -d -daemon Daemonize the server. -p -pidfile Write a pidfile with the pid of the process manager. -l -listen Listen on a socket path, hostname:port, or :port. -n -nproc The number of processes started to handle requests. See below for the specific web server configurations for using the external server. WEB SERVERS
Any web server which supports FastCGI should work with Catalyst. Configuration recipies for well-known web servers are linked below, and we would welcome contributions from people deploying Catalyst on other web servers. Apache Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::Apache::FastCGI nginx Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::nginx::FastCGI lighttpd Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::lighttpd::FastCGI Microsoft IIS Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::IIS::FastCGI AUTHORS
Catalyst Contributors, see Catalyst.pm COPYRIGHT
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-20 Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::FastCGI(3pm)