Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux keeps freezing on UFW BLOCK Post 303032891 by Neo on Tuesday 26th of March 2019 07:36:42 AM
Old 03-26-2019
... the details of your Linux system are... exactly what?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE freezing

I am running Solaris 8 intel and recently my Common Desktop environment will not load. I enter the root username and password at the prompt, it switches to the CDE screen and the freezes. The OpenWindows environment works fine. I tried with a regular username (not root) and I get the same resutls.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. SCO

SCO Unix 5.0.5 freezing

Hie I use SCO Unix 5.0.5 as my operating system and i have been having the following problem for the past couple of days : After every 3 hours or more , my system freezes and all users are locked out .I can not do anything even on the console . Each time i have to press the reset button... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babby
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UFW show args command

In ubuntu man page there is this command. What are values of ARGS I can use? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ubuntu 9.10 FIrewall--is UFW allowing anything through by default?

Hi, I have enabled my UBUNTU 9.10 ufw. By default does it let anything through? I would think it allows all outbound originating requests through and allows for their return but it does not allow any inbound requests. Is this how it works? ---------- Post updated at 08:17 PM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mouse freezing after idle time

Hi All, I am having a problem where my mouse (USB) is freezing after some idle time, and I am having to reboot everytime that happens. I looked in the file /etc/X11/xorg.config to see if there is an entry for mouse and I could not find it. Instead I found the following entry: Section... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
8 Replies

7. Ubuntu

ubuntu kernel: [ 729.529501] [UFW ALLOW] ,[UFW AUDIT]

Hi , In our ubuntu server 10.10 ,we are getting below logs .Every day i need to restart server ,other wise it will not accessible.Some times ,i need to restart two times. When i ping google.com ,it was very slow .some times host not reachable .After reboot ,it will ping as good. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasa
0 Replies

8. Hardware

Laptop freezing issues

I am having Laptop freezing issues. Whenever I try to use Firfox and vlc, chrome and vlc, firefox and chrome, or anything similar to that my computer freezes. I always have to kill one of the processes before I can use my laptop again. I am guessing this is a hardware issue because when I move... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cp freezing from Seagate HDD to Win7

Hello all, Earlier I had a mac book and created a HFS+ file system on Seagate 1 TB external HDD, copied around 200 GB content. Now, I have a Windows 7 machine and wanted to copy the HDD contents to this new machine. Tried using MacDrive10 to mount HFS+ file system in Windows. Mouting is fine and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

[ufw] force all traffic through VPN

I am trying to force all my tun0's traffic through VPN but some some reason, the ufw is not working the way I want to. Below are the commands that I have executed.. I am able to connect to my SSH and NFS server but for some reason that I am unable to understand, I am unable to surf the net. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soichiro
0 Replies
LINUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD