Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse file name, add to loop? Post 303032861 by vgersh99 on Monday 25th of March 2019 11:42:56 AM
Old 03-25-2019
something along these lines?
Remove echo when satisfied with results.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
path2dir='/whatEverPath2dir'
for file in ${path2dir}/*.index
do
   IFS=. read f1 f2 f3 rest <<< $file
   echo loadcommand -a "${f2}" -g "${f3}" "${f1}.${f2}.${f3}.${rest}"
done

Last edited by vgersh99; 03-25-2019 at 12:57 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file

Hi Friends, I have a file in the format shown (Name followed by address:) I need only the address part please see the output. I have tried using nawk but I am not getting the desired output. SAM ADDRS 64874 FRANKLYN DR IRVINE TX - 74394; 538 FRED ASSOCIATES PETER ADDRS 84734... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to parse the file

# Start "ABC" SFFd 0 4 Time SFFT 4 8 {Sec} User SFFTimeVal 12 8 {Sec} # Start "CP" SFFT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsharan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to parse through a file and based on condition form another output file

I have one file say CM.txt which contains values like below.Its just a flat file 1000,A,X 1001,B,Y 1002,B,Z ... .. total around 4 million lines of entries will be in that file. Now i need to write another file CM1.txt which should have 1000,1 1001,2 1002,3 .... ... .. Here i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasu.india
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop to add text to the end of a file

Hi all, I've got 2 files. File 1 has a list say a b c d e f File 2 got start= What I want is to create File 3 which look like this start=a,b,c,d,e,f So is it possible to loop throught File1 to echo it into File3 in one line? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file from remote server to calculate count of string existence in that file

Hi I need to parse the file of same name which exist on different servers and calculate the count of string existed in both files. Say a file abc.log exist on 2 servers. I want to search for string "test" on both files and calculate the total count of search string's existence. For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

big xml file with nested loop parse

I have an xml file with the structure: <tag1> <value1>xyx</value1> <value2>123</value2> </tag1> <tag1> <value1>568</value1> <value2>zzzzz</value2> </tag1> where I want to parse each data pair in the this single file, so something like: find first tag1 data pair... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse configuration file & add line in particular section

Greetings, I recently built a replicated DRBD, Heartbeat, & iSCSI Target Initiator storage server on Ubuntu 10.04 to offer shared storage to server Vmware ESX and Microsoft Clusters. Everything works flawlessly, however I wanted to make a script to create, remove, grow volumes to offer ESX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aeudian
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file

FILE1 2917,065A,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,05E:0_10E:0,BL_lmwsp02,0345,xxx,3452(DR) 2917,03EA,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0455,xxx,3ee4(DR) 2917,03EB,RDF1+TDEV,2917_3RAID5,03E:0_12E:0,BL_tv00p02,0345,xxx,2d34(DR)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop line in a file and add info or do echo

I have a record.txt it will update weekly, and it could be 2 lines or more ... it just echo each line to the script san jose,23.34% tampa,2.15% dallas,30.20% seattle,44.29% Unknown,16.72% How do i write a shell script to give me a test.pl or bash file which contain #!/home/perl... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reset while loop to loop same file multiple times

Hi, I want to read file multiple times. Right now i am using while loop but that is not working. ex. While read line do while read line2 do echo stmt1 #processing some data based on data., done < file2.txt done < file1.txt # This will have 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
4 Replies
smd-loop(1)						 Sync Mail Dir (smd) documentation					       smd-loop(1)

NAME
smd-loop - iterates smd-pull and smd-push SYNOPSIS
smd-loop [-vt] DESCRIPTION
smd-loop runs smd-push and smd-pull at regular intervals as defined by the user in the ~/.smd/loop configuration file. On errors that are reported to be transient, it retries a second time before failing. The configuration file is line-oriented. Each line is composed of three space separated fields: pull-frequency, push-frequency and end- point-name. Frequencies are expressed in minutes, while endpoint name is a valid name for smd-pull(1) and smd-push(1). Lines beginning with # are considered as comments. The following example calls the command smd-pull default every 3 minutes, and smd-push default every 10. Example: # pull-frequency push-frequency endpoint-name 3 10 default OPTIONS
-v Increase program verbosity (printed on stderr) -t Just create a template configuration file if none FILES
~/.smd/loop SEE ALSO
mddiff(1), smd-server(1), smd-client(1), smd-push(1), smd-pull(1) AUTHOR
Enrico Tassi <gares@fettunta.org> 11 June 2012 smd-loop(1)