Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Are you sure you want to quit Safari? Post 303032437 by Neo on Monday 18th of March 2019 07:28:46 AM
Old 03-18-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
I appreciate that what I pointed to is really old stuff but I do know that a top design agency which uses lots of Macs and Linux workstations has UPS's installed that, when a power outage occurs, runs the whole studio on battery backup for an hour and then lands all the boxes gracefully. Failure to land gracefully is not an option. They use Safari all the time so how does that work? The APC service runs a script to shutdown.

That has little to do with the issue I am having with Safari, Dennis, and the preferences switches in a 2008 has nearly zero to do with a Mac in 2019.

ROTFL Eleven years... that was Mac OS X 10.5, Leopard. , now it is Mac OS 10.14, Mojave.... the OS is very different animal, the preferences are very different. Eleven years!

Honestly, I can Google as well as the next guy and saw that 2009 link you shared before I asked the question. That's why I asked the question; because I could not find the answer on the net. What I need is info some some modern day MacOS user who knows how to get Mojave set up so Safari quits without a popup warning.

Thanks anyway Smilie

sa2(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						    sa2(8)

NAME
sa2 -- Generate a system activity daily report file. SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sa/sa2 [-dgpu] [-n mode] [-e time] [-f filename] [-i seconds] [-s time] DESCRIPTION
The sa2 command is a shell script used to invoke the system activity reporter sar for purposes of generating the standard default daily report file. The report file generated is, /var/log/sa/sardd where the dd represents the current day of the month. The sa2 options are the same as those documented in sar(1). When sa2 runs, it will also remove data and report files, found in /var/log/sa, that are more than one week old. The sa2 command is intended to be started by cron. EXAMPLE CRON ENTRY
# Starting at 8am collect system activity records # every 20 minutes for 12 hours # 20 minutes = 1200 seconds # 12 hours with 3 samples each hour = 36 loops 0 8 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 1200 36 # After the 12 hour period, # collect a system activity report 30 20 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -A FILES
/var/log/sa/sardd Default daily report file. /var/log/sa/sadd Default daily data file. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. SEE ALSO
sa1(8), sadc(8), sar(1), iostat(8), vm_stat(1), netstat(1), top(1), sc_usage(1), fs_usage(1), crontab(1), crontab(5) Mac OS X Jul 25 2003 Mac OS X