Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting Question
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Formatting Question Post 303031686 by Stellaman1977 on Monday 4th of March 2019 09:26:53 AM
Old 03-04-2019
Formatting Question

Good Morning-

I've been cloning a Solaris 9 SPARC machine using ufsrestoreand have successfully restored drive 0. Now I'm trying to set up the mirror drive. To label and format the new drive, I used
Code:
#format -e ->select c0t1d0 ->label ->select SMI ->select no ->select no ->select yes

and let the machine sit overnight. When I came back, the command had not completed. Whenever I type something it I get (Whatever I typed)is not an integer Does anyone know that it's expecting or what I did wrong?

(Sorry I didn't add tags- I don't see the option for some reason.)

Last edited by Stellaman1977; 03-04-2019 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Add Tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk formatting question

Currently I have a box that I am dual-booting Win98 & Linux on. I have an unformatted 3 gig slice that I would like to install Soloris 8 x86 on. Are there any issues I should be aware of? How close is the x86 install to the sparc install? The Linux partition will be going away but I need to reatain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting

I've been asking on IRC channels but no one answers me, I need to format my hard drive, normally it's just format c: but c doesn't exist, how do I format when I have linux mandrake installed. Please reply to this quickly, I'm kinda in a rush :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darryll777
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting

Hi Again Guys , Please i installed linux RH 6.1 on Toshiba , 10G , RAM=128 , 600 MHZ . After i installed linux i got many error messages , seems it was not installed correctly , also when i finished installation it did not ask me for the 2nd installation CD , and when i logged as root , i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about formatting results

OK, I have a command that is getting a result, that I am trying to format using awk. I think it's pretty ugly, and there is probably a better way to do it, but this is sorta working for me. Anyway, the command: cat /var/log/cups/page_log | grep testuser | grep My_office_printer | awk '{gsub... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheCrunge
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting question

How can i change the display of a text file containing 4980 167 187 4980 167 187 4980 167 180 4980 167 180 4980 167 179 4980 272 174 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaa2a
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about formatting the output

I need to ask a question on how to format the output in a csv format. Right now i am running a shell script which executes a command and the following output is append through a unix script in a .csv file. So the output of xyz.csv is as follow :- 1. Number = 25 Amount $84,132.22 2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris1234
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about formatting output using AWK

Hi everyone. I've got this fille... 0 5000001 5000002 5000003 5000006 5000007 5000219 11000156 11003130 11003132and this script... #!/bin/ksh FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST=users.txt userID=`awk -F"=" '{printf $1 ", "}' $FILE_ALERT_CONTACT_LIST` (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fatbob
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting

I have file with different columns for ex. contents of file "txt" NAME AGE MARKS HARRY 23 89 TOM 12 67 BOB 23 11 and you see its not formatted.Now, I need the file "txt" to be formatted like COLUMN1 COLUMN2 COLUMN3 NAME AGE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data manipulation/ formatting question

How would I get this output to look $ cat newfile 13114 84652 84148 LIKE THIS?: 13114,84652,84148 sed,cut awk? syntax? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddurden7
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Formatting Question

I have the following nmap file output with the multiple IP’s listed in the format below. Is there a way that GREP can format the output to just display IP and any ports that contain 'http' for that IP on its own line? file: Host: 192.168.1.xxx () Ports: 80/open/tcp//http///,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCoda10
3 Replies
AMTAPE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AMTAPE(8)

NAME
amtape - user interface to Amanda tape changer controls SYNOPSIS
amtape config command [ command options ] DESCRIPTION
Amtape performs tape changer control operations. It uses the underlying tape changer script defined by the tpchanger option for a particu- lar Amanda configuration as specified by the config argument. Tape changers maintain a notion of the current and next slot for each configuration. These may or may not correspond to an actual physical state of the device, but do tend to minimize searching through the tape storage slots. If the desired tape is in the current slot, it is likely the next tape needed is in the next slot rather than at some random position in the storage slots. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. COMMANDS
reset Reset the tape changer to a known state. The current slot is set to the first slot. Other device-specific side effects may occur. Some gravity stackers need to be reset to the top position by hand. This command notifies Amanda the stacker is back in that posi- tion. eject If a tape is loaded in the drive, it is ejected and returned to the slot from which it was loaded. clean If a cleaning tape is defined for the changer, it is used to clean the drive. show Show the contents of all slots. This can be slow. label label Search for and load the Amanda tape with label label. taper Perform the taper scan algorithm. Load the next tape in the configuration's tape sequence, or a fresh tape with a suitable label. device Display the name of the current tape device on stdout. current Display the current slot. update Update the changer label database, if it has one, to match the tapes now available. slot slot Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from slot slot and reset current. slot current Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the current slot. slot prev Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the previous slot and reset current. slot next Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the next slot and reset current. slot first Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the first slot and reset current. slot last Eject any tape in the drive and put it away, then load the tape from the last slot and reset current. slot advance Eject any tape in the drive and put it away. Advance current to the next tape, but do not load it. This is useful with non-gravity stackers to unload the last tape used and set up Amanda for the next run. If you just use eject, the current tape will be mounted again in the next run, where it will be rejected as being still in use, ejected and the next tape requested. Using slot next followed by eject does an unnecessary mount. Note: most changers optimize the slot commands to not eject the loaded tape if it is the one being requested. AUTHOR
James da Silva <jds@cs.umd.edu> University of Maryland, College Park SEE ALSO
amanda(8) AMTAPE(8)