Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers [[ -e $filename ]] - which man page to refer to these options Post 303031623 by Don Cragun on Sunday 3rd of March 2019 01:08:34 AM
Old 03-03-2019
Since you refuse to answer the homework question, I have to assume that this is, in fact, a request asking us to do your homework for you. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in the Homework & Coursework Questions forum under special homework rules. Please follow the directions included in those rules and repost your question in that forum with a completely filled out form as required when posting there.

This thread is closed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you create a man page?

i've never done this before. i created a script that I placed in /usr/bin, but want to create a man page for it. i'm clueless thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding a man page

I was wonderiong if ther is a way for a user to add a man page specific to thier account. similar to copying the .1 or .1.gz to /usr/share/man/man1 "cp *.1.gz /usr/share/man/man1". Except for using another folder as I don't have access to /usr/share/man/man1. I would think that this might involve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacob358
1 Replies

3. Solaris

help interpreting usermod man page

Hi, I put an expiration on a few id's that I want to remove now. From the man page -e expire Specify the future date on which a login can no longer be used; after this date, no user will be able to access this login. This option is useful ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amheck
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

scp-1.2.27 man page

Hi Guys, I'm looking for the man page for scp version 1.2.27 I have an old redhat server that has a few large scripts that use this version and I want to know what the -A flag does and the man page is not on there. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tornado
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

man page issue

Man page is not working my system. It is giving the following the following error > man ls gdbm fatal: read error with debug option > man -d ls ... .... ... ... using less as pager checking for locale en_US add_nls_manpath(): processing /usr/local/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/X11R6/man... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenkumar_l
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to get help from man page

Help, it seem that i am unable to get man help form solaris 10. I am running SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc when ever i try to man a command what i get is "No manual entry" like the one below. # man grep No manual entry for grep. # man ls No manual entry for ls.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
8 Replies

7. Solaris

man page question

What does the last change means in man page .. does that this man page has not been updated since 2003 or something else ? newfs-options The options are documented in the newfs man page. SunOS 5.10 Last change: 9 Dec 2003 1 System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to write a UNIX man page

I realise that with GNU 'info' a lot of developers become, dare I say it, quite lazy when it comes to providing a well written man page - and some argue they're not needed at all. But I find, in the products that I develop, that man pages are used more often for quick reference, and therefore the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cambridge
1 Replies
DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						       DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-reconfigure - reconfigure an already installed package SYNOPSIS
dpkg-reconfigure [options] packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-reconfigure reconfigures packages after they have already been installed. Pass it the names of a package or packages to reconfigure. It will ask configuration questions, much like when the package was first installed. If you just want to see the current configuration of a package, see debconf-show(1) instead. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. The default frontend can be permanently changed by: dpkg-reconfigure debconf Note that if you normally have debconf set to use the noninteractive frontend, dpkg-reconfigure will use the dialog frontend instead, so you actually get to reconfigure the package. -pvalue, --priority=value Specify the minimum priority of question that will be displayed. dpkg-reconfigure normally shows low priority questions no matter what your default priority is. See debconf(7) for a list. --default-priority Use whatever the default priority of question is, instead of forcing the priority to low. -u, --unseen-only By default, all questions are shown, even if they have already been answered. If this parameter is set though, only questions that have not yet been seen will be asked. --force Force dpkg-reconfigure to reconfigure a package even if the package is in an inconsistent or broken state. Use with caution. --no-reload Prevent dpkg-reconfigure from reloading templates. Use with caution; this will prevent dpkg-reconfigure from repairing broken templates databases. However, it may be useful in constrained environments where rewriting the templates database is expensive. -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-RECONFIGURE(8)