Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Move matching file to folder in same directory Post 303031610 by Don Cragun on Saturday 2nd of March 2019 08:51:35 PM
Old 03-02-2019
And what tracing output do you get when you run your script with set -xv enabled?
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the file from one folder to another folder

Hi, I have a requirement to move a file from one folder(a) to another folder(b) only when folder (b) have a write permission. Folder permission is 755 If the permission is otherthan 755 we need to come out of the loop I will appreciate your help Thanks Soll (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sollins
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory

Move a file from windows directory to unix directory, is this possible? if it is, can someone help me on this? Thanks! God bless! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search through subfolders and move them into separate folder on the base of file size

Hello guys I am sure that you will help me on this issue as you did earlier::) Scenario : I have a folder named "XYZ". It consist many sub-folders and subfolder contain severals files. there may be abc.dat in each subfolder. Now i want to seperate subfolders on follwing conditions- if abc.dat... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: infiant
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTPS Script to move a file to Unix Folder

Dear Experts, I need to connect to a FTPS Server and move the files from FTPS folder "/SAP/Out" to Unix directory "/SAP/In". I need to run this script on Unix directory...Script should get the files from FTPS folder and place that in specified Unix Directory. Thanks In Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phani333
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move set of file from one folder to another folder

Hi all, let me explain my requirments i am having 5 folder with different name for eg) abc , cdf , efd, rtg, ead each 5 folders contain 15 files i want to move 10 files to some other folder, remain 5 files should be there in the same folder. give me some suggestion on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one folder to another along with directory indicator

Hi All, I have directory and it has multiple sub directories and all these sub directories contains many files. i want to move all these files to one different directory. But after moving files i should be able to recognize which file belongs to which directory. Is there any way to achieve... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
MTRACE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 MTRACE(3)

NAME
mtrace, muntrace - malloc tracing SYNOPSIS
#include <mcheck.h> void mtrace(void); void muntrace(void); DESCRIPTION
The mtrace() function installs hook functions for the memory-allocation functions (malloc(3), realloc(3) memalign(3), free(3)). These hook functions record tracing information about memory allocation and deallocation. The tracing information can be used to discover memory leaks and attempts to free nonallocated memory in a program. The muntrace() function disables the hook functions installed by mtrace(), so that tracing information is no longer recorded for the mem- ory-allocation functions. If no hook functions were successfully installed by mtrace(), muntrace() does nothing. When mtrace() is called, it checks the value of the environment variable MALLOC_TRACE, which should contain the pathname of a file in which the tracing information is to be recorded. If the pathname is successfully opened, it is truncated to zero length. If MALLOC_TRACE is not set, or the pathname it specifies is invalid or not writable, then no hook functions are installed, and mtrace() has no effect. In set-user-ID and set-group-ID programs, MALLOC_TRACE is ignored, and mtrace() has no effect. CONFORMING TO
These functions are GNU extensions. NOTES
In normal usage, mtrace() is called once at the start of execution of a program, and muntrace() is never called. The tracing output produced after a call to mtrace() is textual, but not designed to be human readable. The GNU C library provides a Perl script, mtrace(1), that interprets the trace log and produces human-readable output. For best results, the traced program should be com- piled with debugging enabled, so that line-number information is recorded in the executable. The tracing performed by mtrace() incurs a performance penalty (if MALLOC_TRACE points to a valid, writable pathname). BUGS
The line-number information produced by mtrace(1) is not always precise: the line number references may refer to the previous or following (non-blank) line of the source code. EXAMPLE
The shell session below demonstrates the use of the mtrace() function and the mtrace(1) command in a program that has memory leaks at two different locations. The demonstration uses the following program: $ cat t_mtrace.c #include <mcheck.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { int j; mtrace(); for (j = 0; j < 2; j++) malloc(100); /* Never freed--a memory leak */ calloc(16, 16); /* Never freed--a memory leak */ exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } When we run the program as follows, we see that mtrace() diagnosed memory leaks at two different locations in the program: $ cc -g t_mtrace.c -o t_mtrace $ export MALLOC_TRACE=/tmp/t $ ./t_mtrace $ mtrace ./t_mtrace $MALLOC_TRACE Memory not freed: ----------------- Address Size Caller 0x084c9378 0x64 at /home/cecilia/t_mtrace.c:12 0x084c93e0 0x64 at /home/cecilia/t_mtrace.c:12 0x084c9448 0x100 at /home/cecilia/t_mtrace.c:16 The first two messages about unfreed memory correspond to the two malloc(3) calls inside the for loop. The final message corresponds to the call to calloc(3) (which in turn calls malloc(3)). SEE ALSO
mtrace(1), malloc(3), malloc_hook(3), mcheck(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2012-04-18 MTRACE(3)