Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command line overwrite
Operating Systems SCO Command line overwrite Post 303031104 by steveo314 on Thursday 21st of February 2019 03:04:37 PM
Old 02-21-2019
Command line overwrite

is there a way to overwrite what I have typed in rather than having to hit enter and re enter the command?

SCO UNIX 3.2.4.2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Overwrite

if i want to pipe output to a file, say, cat abc.dat > abc.txt, how do i make it replace the existing file? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duckman
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overwrite problem

Hi im using the following to copy a file to a directory, the user being prompted to overwrite if the file already exists in that directory, cp -i myfile /home/brief/bin2 but this reveals the path of the directory when being prompted to overwrite (below) cp: overwrite... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali999
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to overwrite

Hi, i have a file ver.sql with the following contents , Here i need to put a in the next line of END statment . So iam doing the following D:\>type ver.sql begin ctxsys.driimp.set_value('STOP_WORD','yours'); ctxsys.driimp.set_object('STORAGE','BASIC_STORAGE',2);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhdmehraj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overwrite problem

my script is: awk '...mycode...' file1.txt > file2.txt and i want to overwrite file2.txt eachtime I run this script. but it says:File exists! :( I have tried awk '...mycode...' file1.txt >| file2.txt but it again says:Missing name for redirect! :confused::confused: what is this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better to Delete or Overwrite

Hello All, I had just a question about my Bash Script I'm currently writing. The script I have writes some text to a output file. After I write to the output file I send the file to another server to do some stuff with it. After the file sends in the script, I don't need the output/txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite bash system command

Hello, The problem I met is the conflict between the default command /usr/bin/sometools, which is an very old version at system setup, and an updated one I have installed in $HOME/download-software/sometools How do I tell a third program to use the customized sometools instead of the default... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Overwrite specific column in xml file with the specific column from adjacent line

I have an xml file dumped from rrd file, that I want to "patch" so the xml file doesn't contain any blank hole in the resulting graph of the rrd file. Here is the file. <!-- 2015-10-12 14:00:00 WIB / 1444633200 --> <row><v> 4.0419731265e+07 </v><v> 4.5045912770e+06... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rk4k
2 Replies
uulog(1)						      General Commands Manual							  uulog(1)

NAME
uulog - Displays UUCP log files SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/uucp/uulog -f system [-number] uulog uulog systems [-number] uulog -s system [-number] uulog -x [systems] The uulog command displays the contents of a log file of uucico or uuxqt activities. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: uulog: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] Performs a tail -f on the file transfer log for the specified system, displaying the end of the log file. Use the Interrupt key sequence to leave the file and return to the prompt. Prints information about copy requests involving the specific system. If no sys- tem is specified, information is displayed for all systems. Note: System name can contain only ASCII characters. [Tru64 UNIX] Displays the uuxqt log file for the specified systems. If no systems are specified, information is displayed for all systems. [Tru64 UNIX] Displays the last lines of the log file. The number of lines is determined by the number argument. (To display the lines, the uulog command issues a tail for the specified number of lines.) DESCRIPTION
Individual log files are created for each remote system with which the local system communicates using the uucp, uusend, uuto, or uux com- mands. Use the uulog command to display a summary of uucp, uusend, uuto, and uux command requests by a system or systems. All of these transac- tions are logged in files under the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/ directory. The files are named daemon_name/system, where the daemon_name direc- tory is named for the daemon involved and the system file is named for the remote system the daemon is contacting. The uucp and uuto commands call the uucico daemon. The uucico activities are logged in the system file in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uucico directory. The uux and uusend commands call the uuxqt daemon. The uuxqt activities are logged in the /usr/spool/uucp/.Log/uuxqt/system file. You can examine these individual log files by issuing the uulog command directly. However, you can also have these temporary log files appended to a primary log file that you can then examine. This is called compacting the log files and is handled by uudemon.cleanu, a shell script in /usr/lib/uucp. NOTES
The uulog utility is marked LEGACY in XCU Issue 5. EXAMPLES
To display the uucico log file for system hera, enter: uulog -s hera [Tru64 UNIX] To display the uuxqt log file, enter: uulog -x [Tru64 UNIX] To display the last forty lines of the file transfer log for system zeus, enter: uulog -f zeus -40 To display the uucico log file for systems pluto and venus, enter: uulog pluto venus [Tru64 UNIX] To display the uuxqt log file for systems pluto and venus, enter: uulog -x pluto venus FILES
Contains log files. Public directory. SEE ALSO
Commands: ct(1), cu(1), tail(1), tip(1), uucico(8), uucleanup(8), uucp(1), uuencode(1), uudecode(1), uuname(1), uupick(1), uusched(8), uusend(1), uustat(1), uuto(1), uux(1) Standards: standards(5) uulog(1)