Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to connect to a DB installed on another host using shell script? Post 303030773 by harishshankar on Friday 15th of February 2019 09:48:46 AM
Old 02-15-2019
Thank you for getting back. I am trying to bring up a application server on Host A if the DB is up on host B. tnsping and sqlplus are not working when trying to execute on Host A. So i thought of doing an ssh to host B and if the process ID is up or retry till the process ID on host B is up and then start the application server on Host A.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail : connect local host (brocken)

hi there I've got a strange problem with a webserver box (suse linux 7.2). My MTA is sendmail, and when I tried manually send a mail. Sendmail -v "user@something" < /etc/hosts The Server tried "simon@localhost... Connecting to local..." but nothing happend and the system hold on. This... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrsaint
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can my unix shell script automatically connect to remote host?

How can my unix shell script automatically connect to remote host? Assume that there is a remote host called "rhost". When I connect to that host i give the command "telnet rhost". It then asks me for my id and password. Once i give it connects there. I want to automate these steps. I want... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: digdarshan
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Installed apache server , can't connect from outside (using CentOS in WMware )

Hello all I installed apache in CentOS 5.5 ,after searching the web for tips on configuration I did the fallowing stuff to unable connecting the http server from outside. In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf I changed the Listen value to 0.0.0.8011 Then checked with then check with: netstat -anp and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle in Windows XP from Linux HOST

Hi everyone, I have oracle 9i installed in Windows XP and i have ubuntu in VM WARE. I would like to know how to connect to Oracle in windows xp from Linux through shel scripting...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zimbu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable Shell Script - Determine Which Version of Binary is Installed?

I currently have a shell script that utilizes the "Date" binary - this application is slightly different on OS X (BSD General Commmand) and Linux systems (gnu date). In particular, the version on OS X requires the following to get a date 14 days in the future "date -v+14d -u +%Y-%m-%d" where gnu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colinjohnson
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CURL getting Error- couldn't connect to host

Hi i am trying to open HTTP by curl command. i am tryng to do that from command or script BASH. also iptables is off it doesnt work i am getting an error: curl: (7) coudn't connect to host the scipt is: #! /bin/bash curl http://www.cnn.com (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zigizag
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to target host from Source host.

Hi All, Need to connect to target host and execute a command and connect back to source host to continue with next set of command execution. Is there a utility/command using which we can connect to target host ? Please suggest. Note: Netezza database is instaled on Linux server. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect

hello i try to made a report to conect all database to diferent OS HP-UX/LINUX/SOLARIS/AIX this is my example i have 5 db OS are HP-UX ps -fea | grep pmon root 1120 1 0 Nov 29 ? 5:14 ipmon -sD oracle 10286 1 0 Nov 29 ? 27:19 ora_pmon_BD1 oracle 10431... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceciaide
7 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M) 														   ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)