Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script not running at startup Post 303030766 by stomp on Friday 15th of February 2019 06:49:47 AM
Old 02-15-2019
For learning how to configure and manage services with systemd look at the documentation, for example here:

manpages

And here a more tutorial styled website:

Understanding and Using Systemd | Linux.com | The source for Linux information

--- Post updated at 12:49 PM ---

Quote:
And when I execute only in terminal its ok.
Why dont enable it when put it to script.
Maybe the program needs a terminal and it is not configured to have one in the service file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

New in Unix, I am adding a line "route add 57.14.y.y 57.14.x.x" every day after rebooting the system. Where can I add the line so during boot up (the system is re-started every day by design (???) the line is executed? (I tried the /etc/rc2.d/S90 but for some reason the line needs to be added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a Cron Script only @ Startup Pls Help!!

Hi friends i have a script "backup.sh" which is stored in "/var/lib/pgsql" directory. I want it to run as a cron so that it executes every time the system starts. I tried the follwing method I logged in as the root user and typed "crontab -e" The file was completly blank so i put the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
3 Replies

3. Solaris

stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. AIX

running fsck on aix in startup

Hi, I would like to know in which file I can get the option of enabling/disabling of running fsck on particular file system. As I know in /etc/filesystems these parameter should be there just like in Linux /etc/fstab I have created file system aix test but unable to find the option of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. AIX

startup script

Hi I need the below script to be started whenever I reboot my aix server ? #cat cdbegin /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/bin/cdpmgr -i /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/cfg/cbspsdb01/initparm.cfg Please suggest how to add this to the startup ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

running my own script during startup

Hi, I am using scientific linux with is a red hat cloning. I have written a script and I want it to be run during startup before the user log in. How do I do that? I know that there is some connection to the run level and the directory /etc/rc.d. But I don't know how exactly to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cisco copy running to startup

Hi all, i have a small simple perl that i cant make it work it is really stupid but i cant find solution and i needed fast. im trying to copy running to startup on a cisco router and show me the output like is ok Destination filename ? Building configuration... so the code i have is ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IvanMP
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-LOCALED.SERVICE(8)				      systemd-localed.service					SYSTEMD-LOCALED.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-localed.service, systemd-localed - Locale bus mechanism SYNOPSIS
systemd-localed.service /lib/systemd/systemd-localed DESCRIPTION
systemd-localed is a system service that may be used as mechanism to change the system locale settings, as well as the console key mapping and default X11 key mapping. systemd-localed is automatically activated on request and terminates itself when it is unused. The tool localectl(1) is a command line client to this service. See the developer documentation[1] for information about the APIs systemd-localed provides. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), locale.conf(5), vconsole.conf(5), localectl(1), loadkeys(1) NOTES
1. developer documentation https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/localed systemd 237 SYSTEMD-LOCALED.SERVICE(8)