Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mr. Rickey Davis
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Mr. Rickey Davis Post 303030573 by Neo on Tuesday 12th of February 2019 09:50:16 PM
Old 02-12-2019
ATTN:

Mr. Rickey Davis,

You have been approved and upgraded to Registered User. My apologies for the delay.

Welcome!

SDLx::FPS(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SDLx::FPS(3pm)

NAME
SDLx::FPS - a more convenient way to set a framerate SYNOPSIS
use SDLx::FPS; my $fps = SDLx::FPS->new(fps => 60); while(1) { # Main game loop # Do game related stuff $fps->delay; } DESCRIPTION
SDLx::FPS simplifies the task of giving your game a framerate. Basically, it combines the methods of "SDL::GFX::Framerate" and "SDL::GFX::FPSManager" into a single module. Use it to delay the main loop to keep it at a specified framerate. METHODS
new my $fps = SDLx::FPS->new( fps => 30 ); No arguments are required, if no "fps" is specified, the default FPS is 30. set $fps->set($new_framerate); Same as "SDL::GFX::Framerate::set". Set the new desired framerate. get Same as "SDL::GFX::Framerate::get". Get the currently set framerate. delay Same as "SDL::GFX::Framerate::delay". Generate a delay to accommodate currently set framerate. Call once in the graphics/rendering loop. If the computer cannot keep up with the rate (i.e. drawing too slow), the delay is 0 and the delay interpolation is reset. framecount Return the "framecount". rateticks Return the "rateticks". lastticks Return the "lastticks". rate Return the "rate". AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. SEE ALSO
SDL::GFX::Framerate, SDL::GFX::FPSManager perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 SDLx::FPS(3pm)