Today (Saturday) We will make some minor tuning adjustments to MySQL.

You may experience 2 up to 10 seconds "glitch time" when we restart MySQL. We expect to make these adjustments around 1AM Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT) US.

"Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows"

Post #303030437 by vbe on Sunday 10th of February 2019 10:25:29 AM

Greetings and welcome to this forum, I think you are still mixed up between what MS Windows and Linux or Unix are, so being wise would be :
Get to understand the differences between the 2 worlds, and understand what is an OS..
Once able to see the difference, its up to you to decide which OS you want to use, if and I can understand for any good reason ( Like having some soft that only runs on Windows etc...) then opt for dual boot
Until then to familiarise yourself with linux world I would suggest you get a live DVD like Knoppix so you have nothing installed on your PC and you can see for yourself what linux and its GUIs are and do
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

Related Linux and UNIX Technical Support
how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe
ssahu
At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time.... Programming
Programming
how to start a c++ exe on unix from windows.
ch5082
I'm very new to c++ & unix programming. I have a c++ exe that runs on the unix box, but I am trying to write a c++ windows app that executes the program on unix. I have tried execv(), but it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. Would really like to see examples if at all possible. ...... Programming
Programming
What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?
Advice Pro
What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages?... Linux
Linux
XDoes*()																  XDoes*()

Name
  XDoesBackingStore, XDoesSaveUnders, DoesBackingStore, DoesSaveUnders - query server support for backing store or save unders.

Synopsis
  int XDoesBackingStore(screen)
	   Screen *screen;
  Bool XDoesSaveUnders(screen)
	   Screen *screen;

Arguments
  screen    Specifies the appropriate Screen structure.

Returns
  XDoesSaveUnders() returns True or False.  XDoesBackingStore() returns WhenMapped, NotUseful, or Always.

Description
  XDoesSaveUnders()  returns  a  boolean value indicating whether the screen supports save unders.  If True, the screen supports save unders.
  If False, the screen does not support save unders.

XDoesBackingStore() returns a value indicating whether the screen supports backing stores.  The value returned can be  one  of  WhenMapped,
  NotUseful, or Always.

Save	unders	and  backing stores are optional server features controlled with window attributes.  These macros tell you whether the server
  supports them.  A "save under" is an area beneath a window (usually a menu or dialog box) that the server saves, so that when the window is
  removed  from the screen, the underlying applications do not need to redraw their windows.  This speeds up user response with a slight cost
  in increased server memory consumption.  A "backing store" is an off-screen copy of a window, maintained even when the window is not	visi-
  ble or not mapped.  The server uses the copy to redraw the window whenever that window would otherwise have received an Expose event.  This
  reduces the load on applications at the expense of a possibly great increase in server memory usage.

The C language macros DoesSaveUnders() and DoesBackingStore() are equivalent and slightly more efficient.

See Also
  XChangeWindowAttributes(), XGetWindowAttributes().

Xlib - Macro Equivalents														  XDoes*()

Featured Tech Videos