Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Permission for files in the path Post 303029950 by Peasant on Sunday 3rd of February 2019 02:24:23 PM
Old 02-03-2019
Set/change the umask for the user running the application in the environment.
Code:
umask 033

Which will result in directories created with 744 (rwxr--r---) and files with 644 (rw-r--r--) by that user.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

files ownership/permission problem

all the files and directories in my system are owned by root only.i try to(from root loggin) change the permission on the file but not permitted.can any one help to fix my problem .also while installing any software always error occur like no makefile available (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jop
1 Replies

2. AIX

set permission to files in /tmp

Trying to setup user to have the ability to delete any files (regardless of owner) in /tmp. I've tried almost everything... the permission on the folder is drwxrwxrwt 10 bin bin, and at one point I give all the possible permission (short of root) I can give to the user, and he still can't delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission issues in Files

There are two text files are there in UNIX directory. One file created by informatica that contains the detail records and other file is created by Shell script that contains header record(1 row)but these two files are created in different user. I want to merge these two files with another file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission with Tar files

Hi All, I have 1000's of xml files in the Windows environment which needs to be FTPed to the UNIX environment. to reduce the time taken i go in for Tar and gzip 1. At the windows server i use the following command to tar and gzip tar --remove-files -pcf DW_BankDrop.tar DW_BankDrop*.xml ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
2 Replies

5. Fedora

Find Files in Directory by Permission?

Hello. I need to write a script that lets the user pick a directory. Then, all files are looped through, and the ones with read-write (for current user I think) are listed. Ending with a count of those files, but that parts easy. What I'm confused about is the middle. So far I have ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Feuyaer
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Highlight directories in path with execute permission for others

Hi all, I'm trying to make a script that takes at the most one argument and lists all directories in the path in a special format: User Group Other Filename rwx r-- r-x \ rwx r-x r-- home This is my code as it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

permission for all the files in a folder

Hi Guys, Is there a command or some way whenever any file is created in a folder is having a default permission. Cheers!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission to Oracle server to create a directory in a particular path

i need to give permission to ORACLE SERVER to create a directory in a particular path. How to do it?Oracle server is installed on SOLARIS (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from parent path to multiple child path using bash in efficient way

Hi All, Can you please provide some pointers to move files from Base path to multiple paths in efficient way.Folder Structure is already created. /Path/AdminUser/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt to /Path/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt /Path/AdminUser/User1/2222/Reports/bbb.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikgv417
6 Replies
PAM_UMASK(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_UMASK(8)

NAME
pam_umask - PAM module to set the file mode creation mask SYNOPSIS
pam_umask.so [debug] [silent] [usergroups] [umask=mask] DESCRIPTION
pam_umask is a PAM module to set the file mode creation mask of the current environment. The umask affects the default permissions assigned to newly created files. The PAM module tries to get the umask value from the following places in the following order: o umask= argument o umask= entry in the user's GECOS field o UMASK= entry from /etc/default/login o UMASK entry from /etc/login.defs The GECOS field is split on comma ',' characters. The module also in addition to the umask= entry recognizes pri= entry, which sets the nice priority value for the session, and ulimit= entry, which sets the maximum size of files the processes in the session can create. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't print informative messages. usergroups If the user is not root and the username is the same as primary group name, the umask group bits are set to be the same as owner bits (examples: 022 -> 002, 077 -> 007). umask=mask Sets the calling process's file mode creation mask (umask) to mask & 0777. The value is interpreted as Octal. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS The new umask was set successfully. PAM_SERVICE_ERR No username was given. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific umask at login: session optional pam_umask.so umask=0022 SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_umask was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@thkukuk.de>. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_UMASK(8)