Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Permission for files in the path Post 303029950 by Peasant on Sunday 3rd of February 2019 02:24:23 PM
Old 02-03-2019
Set/change the umask for the user running the application in the environment.
Code:
umask 033

Which will result in directories created with 744 (rwxr--r---) and files with 644 (rw-r--r--) by that user.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

files ownership/permission problem

all the files and directories in my system are owned by root only.i try to(from root loggin) change the permission on the file but not permitted.can any one help to fix my problem .also while installing any software always error occur like no makefile available (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jop
1 Replies

2. AIX

set permission to files in /tmp

Trying to setup user to have the ability to delete any files (regardless of owner) in /tmp. I've tried almost everything... the permission on the folder is drwxrwxrwt 10 bin bin, and at one point I give all the possible permission (short of root) I can give to the user, and he still can't delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission issues in Files

There are two text files are there in UNIX directory. One file created by informatica that contains the detail records and other file is created by Shell script that contains header record(1 row)but these two files are created in different user. I want to merge these two files with another file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission with Tar files

Hi All, I have 1000's of xml files in the Windows environment which needs to be FTPed to the UNIX environment. to reduce the time taken i go in for Tar and gzip 1. At the windows server i use the following command to tar and gzip tar --remove-files -pcf DW_BankDrop.tar DW_BankDrop*.xml ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
2 Replies

5. Fedora

Find Files in Directory by Permission?

Hello. I need to write a script that lets the user pick a directory. Then, all files are looped through, and the ones with read-write (for current user I think) are listed. Ending with a count of those files, but that parts easy. What I'm confused about is the middle. So far I have ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Feuyaer
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Highlight directories in path with execute permission for others

Hi all, I'm trying to make a script that takes at the most one argument and lists all directories in the path in a special format: User Group Other Filename rwx r-- r-x \ rwx r-x r-- home This is my code as it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

permission for all the files in a folder

Hi Guys, Is there a command or some way whenever any file is created in a folder is having a default permission. Cheers!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission to Oracle server to create a directory in a particular path

i need to give permission to ORACLE SERVER to create a directory in a particular path. How to do it?Oracle server is installed on SOLARIS (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from parent path to multiple child path using bash in efficient way

Hi All, Can you please provide some pointers to move files from Base path to multiple paths in efficient way.Folder Structure is already created. /Path/AdminUser/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt to /Path/User1/1111/Reports/aaa.txt /Path/AdminUser/User1/2222/Reports/bbb.txt to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikgv417
6 Replies
mknod(2)							System Calls Manual							  mknod(2)

NAME
mknod() - make a directory, special, or ordinary file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call creates a new file named by the path name pointed to by path. The mode of the new file is specified by the mode argument. Symbolic constants that define the file type and file access permission bits are found in the header file and are used to construct the mode argument. The value of the mode argument should be the bit-wise inclusive OR of the values of the desired file type, miscellaneous mode bits, and access permissions. See stat(5) for a description of the components of the file mode. The owner ID of the file is set to the effective-user-ID of the process. If the set-group-ID bit of the parent directory is set, the new file's group ID is set to the group ID of the parent directory. Otherwise, the new file's group ID is set to the effective-group-ID of the process. The file access permission bits of mode are modified by the process's file mode creation mask: for each bit set in the process's file mode creation mask, the corresponding bit in the file's mode is cleared (see umask(2)). In HFS file systems, the new file is created with three base access-control-list (ACL) entries, corresponding to the file access permission bits (see acl(5)). On JFS file systems that support access control lists, when creating a directory or regular file, optional ACL entries are created corresponding to the parent directory's default ACL entries (see aclv(5)). When creating a directory, the parent's default ACL entries are also copied as the new directory's default ACL entries. The dev argument is meaningful only if mode indicates a block or character special file, and is ignored otherwise. It is an implementa- tion- and configuration-dependent specification of a character or block I/O device. The value of dev is created by using the macro defined in The macro takes as arguments the major and minor device numbers, and returns a device identification number which is of type The value and interpretation of the major and minor device numbers are implementation-dependent. For more information, see mknod(5) and the System Administration manuals for your system. Only users having appropriate privileges can invoke for file types other than FIFO files. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. The new file is not created. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values. The directory in which path would be created denies write permission, mode is for a FIFO file and the caller does not have appropriate priv- ileges. A component of the path prefix denies search permission. The user's or group's disk quota block or inode limit has been reached for this file system. The named path already exists. The path argument points outside the process's allocated address space. The reliable detection of this error is imple- mentation dependent. Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the path name. The length of the specified path name exceeds bytes, or the length of a component of the path name exceeds bytes while is in effect. The path argument is null. A component of the path prefix does not exist. Not enough space on the file system. A component of the path prefix is not a directory. The effective-user-ID of the process does not match that of a user who has appropriate privileges, and the file type is not FIFO special. The directory in which the file is to be created is located on a read-only file system. AUTHOR
was developed by AT&T and HP. SEE ALSO
mknod(1M), acl(2), chmod(2), exec(2), mkdir(2), setacl(2), umask(2), acl(5), aclv(5), mknod(5), stat(5), types(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
mknod(2)