Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove linked file
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remove linked file Post 303029871 by abdossamad2003 on Saturday 2nd of February 2019 03:25:55 AM
Old 02-02-2019
Do not make mistakes my question is this way
Suppose you have a list of files and directories. We want to delete a number of files as soft links. We want to do this individually by the hard command, we want to do some grammar code in the script.
I could not find the forum search

any help would be appropirate
samad

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically linked file

Hi friends , how do i view a dynamically linked file in unix ? its there on other system and do i have to ftp it in ASCII format or binary ? and after the ftp how do i view it ? thanks in advance veeras (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dynamically linked file

Hi friends, i have a dynamically linked file on my solaris system.this is script that runs regularly. How can i read the contents of that ? when i tried to say "vi filename " then it says executable and nothing is seen. Please help. thanks in advance Veera (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any way to see what and who is linked to file?

Hello like the topic says... thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wrongly linked my new file ..

Hi All, I was trying to point /unix-> new unix kernel ( unix_64_A ).. but instead by mistakenly i did the other way ..my new unix ( unix_64_A -> /unix ) ?? .. unfortunately i have only one copy of unix_64_A ..is there any way to solve this problem ..please help me asap . Thanks Vamshi. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddaonline
4 Replies

5. Linux

reg-linked file

How to check this linked path, and the folder what is contains.. as i am new to linux, pls assist me lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Jun 24 2008 mail -> spool/mail/ Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

6. SCO

SCO linked libraries

How do i get the list of linked libraries in a built binaries on SCO UNIX. I appreciate your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: param_it
1 Replies

7. Programming

Help with linked list in C

i have this code typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; struct client_list * next; int client_socket_fd; } client; client *current, *head; head = NULL; char *h="test"; add_client(current, h, head, &client_socket_fd); ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
24 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linked Servers

Hi, We have 2 UNIX Servers, say test1 and test2. Here, if I create a file or folder/delete a file or folder in the 1st server, it gets reflected automatically in the 2nd server. I don't think any links are established between these 2 servers. Both these have 2 different hostnames. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

9. Programming

Help with linked list.

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> struct LinkedList { int val; struct LinkedList *next; }node; /*Creating a structure variable*/ typedef struct LinkedList Node; Node *start = NULL; int create(int i) { Node *temp = NULL; if (start == NULL) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a dynamically linked executable file?

So I have a file called queens.cc and I need to do the following: Compile and make a .o file while specifying that the compiler is to search /student/214/include for system include files. Use g++, link and load .o file to make a dynamically linked executable file called queens and to also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
1 Replies
gnome-search-tool(1)						   User Commands					      gnome-search-tool(1)

NAME
gnome-search-tool - search for files SYNOPSIS
gnome-search-tool [--named=text] [--path=folder] [--sortby=order] [--descending] [--contains=string] [--user=user] [--nouser] [--allmounts] [--empty] [--follow] [--group=group] [--hidden] [--mtimeless=date] [--mtimemore=date] [--notnamed=filename] [--regex=pattern] [--size- less=size] [--sizemore=size] [--start] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Search for Files application enables you to search for files on your system. Search for Files uses the find(1) command. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --allmounts Select the 'Search other filesystems' search constraint. --contains=string Select the 'Contains the text' search constraint and set the text of that entry. Use a full filename or a partial filename with wildcards. See find(1) for more details about using wildcards. --descending Set sort order to descending. The default sort order is ascending. --empty Select the 'File is empty' search constraint. --follow Select the 'Follow symbolic links' search constraint. --group=group Select the 'Owned by group' search constraint and set the text of that entry. --hidden Select the 'Show hidden and backup files' search option. --mtimeless=date Select the 'Date modified before (days)' search constraint and set the text of that entry. --mtimemore=date Select the 'Date modified after (days)' search constraint and set the text of that entry. --named=text Set the text of the 'Name contains' search option. --notnamed=filename Select the 'File is not named' search constraint and set the text of that entry. Use a full filename or a partial filename with wildcards. See find(1) for more details about using wildcards. --nouser Select the 'Owner is unrecognized' search constraint. --path=folder Set the text of the 'Look in folder' entry. Defaults to the current working directory. --start Automatically start a search. --regex=pattern Select the 'File matches regular expression' search constraint and set the text of that entry. See find(1) for more details about the regular expression patterns that can be used. --sizeless=size Select the 'Size is less than (kilobytes)' search constraint and set the text of that entry. --sizemore=size Select the 'Size is more than (kilobytes)' search constraint and set the text of that entry. --sortby=order Sort files by one of the following: name, folder, size, type, or date. --user=user Select the 'Owned by user' search constraint and set the text of that entry. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Performing a basic search automatically example% gnome-search-tool --name=a.out --path=$HOME --autostart Example 2: Performing an advanced search automatically example% gnome-search-tool --contains=unistd.h --mtimeless=3 --sortby=size --autostart EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-search-tool Executable for Search for Files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-search-tool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Search for Files Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. find(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2003 gnome-search-tool(1)