Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wrong case behaviour?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wrong case behaviour? Post 303029413 by elbrand on Friday 25th of January 2019 11:51:47 PM
Old 01-26-2019
But, following the man page, shouldn't the ;;& terminator test only the next pattern list 2) : ;; and not also *) echo x ;;?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something is wrong with this switch( case statement.

I started writing a script to save the files from a camera I got the other day, which mounts in /Volumes , and I got into it and started building this menu. The only problem is that the switch case is coming up as a syntax error at the parenthesis after a case. Here is the code: while : do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snakemasterAK
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why result is wrong here ? whether break statement is wrong ?

Hi ! all I am just trying to check range in my datafile pls tell me why its resulting wrong admin@IEEE:~/Desktop$ cat test.txt 0 28.4 5 28.4 10 28.4 15 28.5 20 28.5 25 28.6 30 28.6 35 28.7 40 28.7 45 28.7 50 28.8 55 28.8 60 28.8 65 28.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies
calibrate_ppa(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  calibrate_ppa(8)

NAME
calibrate_ppa - pnm2ppa calibration tool SYNOPSIS
calibrate_ppa [options] DESCRIPTION
Produces various PixMap (PPM) files used for calibrating pnm2ppa. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. NOTE
The size of a full-page PixMap is 100MB!!. These PixMaps should be piped directly to pnm2ppa, except in the case of the -g option, where the PixMap should be viewed or printed by other means. OPTIONS
-g, --gamma produce gamma.ppm (10MB, used in color calibration). -h, --help displays this help text. -o <outfile> output to file <outfile>, "-o -" means stdout (default) -p <n> create test pattern number <n> --align pattern 0: align print heads. (default) --test pattern 1: test alignment. --clean pattern 2: clean print head. --center pattern 3: center paper. -s <paper> default papersize (a4, legal, letter = us (default)) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Chad C. Walstrom <chewie@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
pnm2ppa(1), magicfilter(8), apsfilter(8) November 05, 2000 calibrate_ppa(8)