Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.7 server - Message - Root Account is disabled - but allowing entry via daemon. Post 303029412 by cjdavis618 on Friday 25th of January 2019 11:47:46 PM
Old 01-26-2019
Hi JGT,

Thanks so much for reaching out. I think I managed to figure this out. I may give you a call if I get stuck on anything else.

For what I have been able to complete, I will post the steps here that I used once I get them written out. Maybe it will help someone else.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Allowing access to ports < 1024 w/o root

I need to set up an application to run in a script which will be running as a web server but is a database. I need to allow users to use the web server but the app must be run as root in order for the ports to be accessible. This is not a very secure environment would like to know how this could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to enable a disabled Unix account on HP-UX

I am very new to Unix. We have a Unix user account that was disabled due to multiple tries with an invalid password. How to enable the account? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kajap
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Root account disabled and unable to access console

Hi, hope someone could help me here: Our root account was disabled on our production server this morning and usually we would login at the console to re-enable the account. However we are unable to get a login prompt at the console. The console displays the 8 options along the bottom and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AaronC
2 Replies

4. AIX

Can't login root account due to can't find root shell

Hi, yesterday, I changed root's shell in /etc/passwd, cause a mistake then I can not log in root account (can't find correct shell). I attempted to log in single-mode, however, it prompted for single-mode's password then I type root's password but still can not log in. I'm using AIX 5L version 5.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neikel
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

PAM status 28 - account disabled

I frequently rexec into a remote box to run a job, occaisionally I get the the error message "rexecd: Account Disabled" and in the remote box syslog I see "rexecd: PAM - status 28 PAM error message: account is disabled". After a 1/2 hour or so the problem goes away. Anyone shed any light on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBorgia
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

root - "Account is disabled"

Hi. I have an issue with root account. System doesn't let me to log on, because accound is disabled/locked. This problem since I have converted passwords file to data base using SAM. I didn't change user's parameters. Somebody knows how can i enable my root account back? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
14 Replies

7. Solaris

how to su - from non root acount to non root account

HI i am trying to give su access to some users say X Y and Z to a account AB . I am able to give them su access to root with the help of sudoers file but i want to give them password less access to AB account which i am not able to do . I want to this when user X fires "su - AB" he is not... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
9 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One user to su to another without allowing root access and password

Hello Gurus, I want One user to su to another without allowing root access and password. I want to run a specific command as below from user am663: --------------------------------------------------------- sudo -u appsprj4 /home/appsrj4/scripts/start_apache.sh ------------------- But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
6 Replies
USBIP(8)						  System Administration Utilities						  USBIP(8)

NAME
usbipd - USB/IP server daemon SYNOPSIS
usbipd [options] DESCRIPTION
usbipd provides USB/IP clients access to exported USB devices. Devices have to explicitly be exported using usbip bind before usbipd makes them available to other hosts. The daemon accepts connections from USB/IP clients on TCP port 3240. The clients authorised to connect may be configured as documented in hosts_access(5). OPTIONS
-D, --daemon Run as a daemon process. -d, --debug Print debugging information. -v, --version Show version. LIMITATIONS
usbipd offers no authentication or authorization for USB/IP. Any USB/IP client running on an authorised host can connect and use exported devices. EXAMPLES
server:# modprobe usbip server:# usbipd -D - Start usbip daemon. server:# usbip list - List driver assignments for usb devices. server:# usbip bind -b 1-2 - Bind usbip-host.ko to the device of busid 1-2. - A usb device 1-2 is now exportable to other hosts! - Use 'usbip unbind -b 1-2' when you want to shutdown exporting and use the device locally. SEE ALSO
usbip(8) usbip February 2009 USBIP(8)