Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Downloading and running Visual Studio Code Post 303028962 by Circuits on Friday 18th of January 2019 01:33:21 PM
Old 01-18-2019
@wisecracker It was a mistake on my part. Originally, I tried downloading the program from the 'Ubuntu Software' utility and that version was the one that did not work. Before downloading the .deb package from the link I provided I did try to uninstall the program inside of the 'Ubuntu Software' utility but apparently that didn't work either because it stuck around and ended up confusing me. When I thought I was starting the version of the program I installed via the .deb package what I was actually attempting to start was the same (non working) version of the program installed through 'Ubuntu Software'. Moral of the story, don't try to install software that is not UNIX based through the 'Ubuntu Software' utility.
This User Gave Thanks to Circuits For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Visual Studio .Net

How can I create and run a stand-alone console application in Visual Studio .Net ? (cpp-file)....... ...thanks for any help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
4 Replies

2. Programming

Looking for equal to Visual Studio for Unix

Hello all Im looking for IDE to edit / compile / debug similar to VC++ on windows I need it for verity of UNIX platforms, what do you think is the best tool to use And that its learning carve is easy ( as much as possible) . Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
9 Replies

3. Programming

Debug with VIsual Studio 6, cpp project

Hi, I"m trying to debug one project in VS6 this is cpp ,with source/headers/resource files. I need to start program from terminal with some parameters, e.g. c> feetcmd -a param1 -d param2, now this program going into the loop and the whole PC is frozen, I tried to do TASK_MANAGER/right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trento17
6 Replies
byobu-janitor(1)						       byobu							  byobu-janitor(1)

NAME
byobu-janitor - script for cleaning and upgrading environment after upgrades SYNOPSIS
byobu-janitor DESCRIPTION
byobu-janitor is script for cleaning environment after upgrades, it consists from several tasks where aim is to ensure that environment is ready for new version of byobu. BUGS
None found, yet. SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu-config(1), byobu-export(1), byobu-status(1), byobu-status-detail(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Jan Klepek <jan.klepek at gmail.com> and the utility was written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 6 January 2011 byobu-janitor(1)