Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace substring from a string variable Post 303028819 by mohtashims on Tuesday 15th of January 2019 02:42:03 PM
Old 01-15-2019
Thank you for pointing out. i will close this thread.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in a file w/ a variable value

I am trying to replace the default home page for several mac user accounts, I wrote a script that will hunt the files down and replace them with a pre-configured set. The problem I am having is that the download destination path for the browser is hard coded into a .plist (text config file) file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace variable length numeric string

I have a customer who logged some cc and bank account numbers in their apache logs. I got the cc numbers x'd out with sed -e 's/args=\{16\}/args=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/g' -e 's/cardnum=\{16\}/cardnum=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/g'but that wasn't too difficult due to the value being 16 digits. The bank account... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk4mzid
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

4. AIX

Replace string with asterisk(*) in variable

I was trying to replace a string ( for eg - @@asterisk@@ to * ) in variable using cat $INFILE | while read LINE do stmt1=`echo $LINE | sed 's/@@asterisk@@/\*/g'` stmt=$stmt' '$stmt1 stmt2=`echo $LINE` STATEMENT=$STATEMENT' '$stmt2 done echo 'Statement with sed -- > '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in file with a variable value

Hi Fellows, I am new to shell, please help we me out in this.. i have file which some lines like this.. $$param1='12-jan-2011' $$param2='14-jan-2011' $$param3='30-jan-2011' . . .....so on.. I want to change $$param3 to '31-dec-2011'. i have variable which is storing(30-jan-2011 this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victor369
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get substring from string variable

Hi Dears, How to use variable in string location of expression ${string:index:length} to get substring from string? I encounter error "bad substitution" when I use expression ${$var:0:5} to get first 5 characters from $var. Could you please help me out of this? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace variable string with text

Hi All, Hoping someone can help.... I am trying to work out how I can ammend a log file to remove variable strings in order to remove confidential information which I cant pass on. As an example I have used phone numbers. A large log file contains multiple lines containing something like the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace string in variable?

Hello, I have simple while and for loops in a shell script and I would like to replace some characters in COL2 when I run it. I am on ubuntu 14.04 while read COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 do name=$COL2 #cat $name | sed -i "s|_| |g" $name for i in $COL3 $COL4 do some codes ...... run $i b="$name"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace substring by longest string in common field (awk)

Hi, Let's say I have a pipe-separated input like so: name_10|A|BCCC|cat_1 name_11|B|DE|cat_2 name_10|A|BC|cat_3 name_11|B|DEEEEEE|cat_4 Using awk, for records with common field 2, I am trying to replace all the shortest substrings by the longest string in field 3. In order to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies
THREAD-KEYRING(7)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						 THREAD-KEYRING(7)

NAME
thread-keyring - per-thread keyring DESCRIPTION
The thread keyring is a keyring used to anchor keys on behalf of a process. It is created only when a thread requests it. The thread keyring has the name (description) _tid. A special serial number value, KEY_SPEC_THREAD_KEYRING, is defined that can be used in lieu of the actual serial number of the calling thread's thread keyring. From the keyctl(1) utility, '@t' can be used instead of a numeric key ID in much the same way, but as keyctl(1) is a program run after forking, this is of no utility. Thread keyrings are not inherited across clone(2) and fork(2) and are cleared by execve(2). A thread keyring is destroyed when the thread that refers to it terminates. Initially, a thread does not have a thread keyring. If a thread doesn't have a thread keyring when it is accessed, then it will be created if it is to be modified; otherwise the operation fails with the error ENOKEY. SEE ALSO
keyctl(1), keyctl(3), keyrings(7), persistent-keyring(7), process-keyring(7), session-keyring(7), user-keyring(7), user-session-keyring(7) Linux 2017-03-13 THREAD-KEYRING(7)