Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert FF (feed form) in text file so that when printing the printer print on a new page accordingly Post 303028801 by jcdole on Tuesday 15th of January 2019 09:28:52 AM
Old 01-15-2019
Thank you very much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Form Feed...

Hi, I've a text file that has a formfeed character at the beginning. I want to get rid of this formfeed character using sed. But I don't know how to specify the formfeed character. I've tried \014 (octal for formfeed), \f but still not works. Regards, Johnny (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny_woo
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable form feed on a serial printer connected to Sco OpenServer

I connected a serial printer to my scoOpenServer which works great. I was able to disable the banner in the interface of the printer. However i am unable to find the command in the interface to disable the formfeed . Below is a copy of the interface file. Please can anyone instruct me on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page feed in Troff

Hi, does anyone knows how to give the page feed command to Printer in troff. Actually I want to implement the functionality where I'll print say 10 pages and I want user to stop printer at 5th page to do manual feed by user .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpmore
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace last form feed with line feed

Hi I have a file with lots of line feeds and form feeds (page break). Need to replace last occurrence of form feed (created by - echo "\f" ) in the file with line feed. Please advise how can i achieve this. TIA Prvn (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

5. AIX

AIX printer and extra blank page after each print

Guy's I have installed AIX direct Network printer as the below details.... printer1 hp@printer1 hplj-3 (HP-GL/2) Printer is printing fain and clearly but it's printing extra blank page after each print ? What's the couse of this problem ? Pls advice ! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
6 Replies

6. AIX

Printer delay before final form feed

Hi, I am new to printing with Unix (AIX on HP). I am printing from a COBOL program. On our test system the page prints and does a Form Feed to the next page. This is good. When I release the program to our customer it prints the page but waits 5 or more seconds before doing a page... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: habler
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print formatted text to the printer

Hello!!! I am using shell script that print some formated text on the screen (example) ======== hello I am ... ======== Is it possible to print this information to the printer exactly as I see it on the screen??? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdev457
6 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Printer Issue: Blank Page Printing.

We have configured Network printers in AIX 6.1. We are facing a Weird problem in Printing. While printing the user is getting a blank page after 2 pages. Please let us know the cause of this issue and ways to rectify it. If this is problem with banner/feeds how to view the default banner... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sugan_p
1 Replies

9. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print a python script down a list in a text file without printing a lot combinations

In a python script I have 2 files printing side by side on the same line. I want to have 1 of the files to be already displayed at once while the other file print down the list in the file and it still will produce new lines. I want to do it like that to reduce printing a lot of lines and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
0 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

Name
       diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison

Syntax
       diff3 [-ex3] file1 file2 file3

Description
       The command compares three versions of a file, and publishes the ranges of text that disagree, flagged with the following codes:

====	      all three files differ

====1       file1 is different

====2       file2 is different

====3       file3 is different

The type of change needed to convert a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways:

f : n1 a    Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3.

f : n1 , n2 c
		      Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2.  If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1.

The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication.  When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of
       the lower-numbered file is suppressed.

Options
       -3   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file1 and file2 that are to be incorporated into file3.

-e	   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file2 and file3 that are to be incorporated into file1.

-x	   Produces an editor script containing the changes among all three files.

Examples
       Under the -e option, publishes a script for the editor that incorporates into file1 all changes between file2 and  file3  -  that  is,  the
       changes	that would normally be flagged ==== and ====3.	Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3).
       The following command applies the resulting script to `file1':
       (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1

Restrictions
       Text lines that consist of a single `.'	defeat -e.

Files
       /tmp/d3?????
       /usr/lib/diff3

See Also
       cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), dffmk(1), join(1), sccsdiff(1), uniq(1)

diff3(1)