Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL7 dos2UNIX return code 13 Post 303028695 by nezabudka on Sunday 13th of January 2019 12:34:57 AM
Old 01-13-2019
Still as an option to check access by acl and entry into groups
Code:
getacl
groups

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Return code from PL/SQL Code

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anybody can help me with this problem. OK, how we can get a value back from PL/SQL Script (not stored procedure/function) See the below example: (for example aaa.sh) #!/bin/ksh VALUE=`sqlplus -s user/password@test_id <<EOF @xxx.sq EOF` echo $VALUE ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaz
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 's

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know the syntax / how to pick up the Return Code ( RC) from the mailx command and return it to SAS uisng 'system()' function and '${?}'. I am in a process to send the mail automatically with an attachment to bulk users. I have used 'Mailx' and 'Unencode'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with return code 1...

Hi Guys,, I am having a unix script which is running the DB2 Insert command. For the insert command, there were no records to be updated. SQL0100W No row was found for FETCH, UPDATE or DELETE; or the result of a query is an empty table. SQLSTATE=02000 + + echo 1 STAGE_RC=1 + ] ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return value of dos2unix

if (my $temp2=$b2e_r->cmd(cmd=>"dos2unix $b2e_file_name")) Even if it fails as, Jul 25 17:17:02 dos2unix /volume/systest/hello_manoj.results dos2unix /volume/systest/hello_manoj.results dos2unix: converting file /volume/systest/hello_manoj.results to UNIX format ... Failed to open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojn
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return for Dos2UNIX

Hi, I have to test to see if dos2unix is installed on the machine. Right now I am typing in dos2unix and hitting ctrl C. Is there a better workaround for this. If dos2unix is there is need to print the statement saying its there and vice versa. How can i accomplish this. thank you in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarreddy
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to sync time with bios in rhel7?

Hi All, I deployed the rhel7 server in the bare metal hardware. I want to configure the rhel7 server to sync time with bios. I tired the below commands. Still it did not sync the time with bios. Thanks, Kalai (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Command for viewing hba cards on rhel7

hi all, I am trying to view the hba cards on a rhel7 server (storage says they are there, but I am not seeing them. I tried lspci -nn | grep -i hba lspci |grep qla I tried looking in /sys/class/fc_host.. but it is empty. I am not sure if I am looking in the right spot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Instructions for Solaris 10 RedHat RHEL7 IPA for LDAP authentication?

Hi, does anyone have instructions on how to connect a Solaris 10 (Sparc) machine to Redhat RHEL7 IPA server for LDAP authentication, I have gone through the usual search results on Google, but nothing is working so far, but to be fair, not sure which source is the best and have NOT rewound... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL7 - Samba

I'm having trouble with a Linux Samba share after migrating a system from RHEL 5 to RHEL 7. My current configuration is below. workgroup = DOCS security = share comment = Data path = /export read only = yes guest ok = yes browsable = yes In RHEL7 the service will fail to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: christr
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Looking for equivalent of Solaris containers/zones in RHEL7 Linux

Hi, I come from a legacy Solaris background with lots of experience with Solaris Containers/zones that we use for network and process isolation from each other. Currently we have a RHEL7 Linux VM running on VMWare, but we would like to segment that VM with some form of containers and achieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
1 Replies
getacl(1)						      General Commands Manual							 getacl(1)

NAME
getacl - Displays the specified access control list (ACL) on a file of directory SYNOPSIS
getacl [-d|-D] [-g group[,group...]] [-n] [-m] [-u user[,user...]] file... FLAGS
Displays the default access ACL instead of the access ACL. Valid for directories only. The -d and -D options are mutually exclusive. [Tru64 UNIX] Displays the default directory ACL instead of the access ACL. Valid for directories only. The -d and -D options are mutu- ally exclusive. [Tru64 UNIX] Display the entries for the designated group names or GIDs only. If a numeric group name exists in the group database, then the entry for that group is displayed, not the entry for the GID. For example if there is a group name "521" with GID 40, a group name "mygroup" with GID 521, and you request the entry using the -g 521 flag then the entry for the group name "521" is dis- played, not the entry for the group name "mygroup". The -g flag is not defined by POSIX. [Tru64 UNIX] Display the output in multi- columns. The -m flag is not defined by POSIX. [Tru64 UNIX] Display numeric IDs. The -n flag is not defined by POSIX. [Tru64 UNIX] Display the entries for the designated user names and UIDs only. If a numeric user name exists in the user database, then the entry for that user is displayed, not the entry for the UID. For example if there is a user name "39456" with UID 420, a user name "fred" with UID 39456, and you request the entry using the -u 39456 flag then the entry for user name "39456" is displayed, not the entry for user name "fred". The -u flag may be used multiple times on the command line. DESCRIPTION
This command is based on Draft 13 of the POSIX P1003.6 standard. The getacl command displays the selected type of ACL for each file or directory named on the command line. The following three types of ACLs may be displayed: Access ACL Used to control access to a file or directory. Default directory ACL Used to specify ACLs inherited by new subdirectories in a directory. Valid on directories only. Default access ACL Used to specify ACLs inheried by new subdirectories and files in a directory. Valid on directories only. For more nformation on the types of ACLs see the acl(4) reference page and the Security guide. If the access ACL is selected for display, and there is no access ACL, the getacl command displays the permission bits in ACL format. If a default ACL is selected for display, and the selected default ACL doesn't exist on the specified directory, only the ACL header will be displayed. The user readable format of the ACL consists of the ACL header section and the entries section. The ACL header section contains, at a min- imum, the following three lines: name of the object object owner group owner It may also contain blank comment lines or warning messages. Each line of the ACL header section begins with a # character. The ACL entries section by default consists of one line per entry. Each line contains three colon-separated fields defined as: The ACL entry tag type (user/group/other). The ACL entry tag qualifier. This is the name or id that this entry pertains to. If this field is empty the entry refers to the owning user, owning group or other. The access being granted by the entry. The output display format and relative ordering of ACL entries is as follows: user::perm user:uid1:perm user:uid2:perm group::perm group:gid1:perm group:gid2:perm other::perm The following are some typical getacl outputs: % getacl /ufs/test # # file: /ufs/test # owner: root # group: system # user::rwx user:fran:-wx user:adm:r-- group::r-x other::r-x % getacl -g adm /ufs/test # # file: /ufs/test # owner: root # group: system # % getacl -u adm /ufs/test # # file: /ufs/test # owner: root # group: system # user:adm:r-- If any ACL entry is wider than the screen, the access control list is continued on the next line, indented to the previous line. The width of the screen is taken from the COLUMNS environment variable, if the variable is not set, the default width is 80 columns. The -m option may be used to cause the ACL to be displayed in a multicolumn format. The user entries defined in the ACL are placed on the screen in the maximum number of columns allowed by the current size of the screen, followed by the group entries. The output from the getacl command is in the correct format for input to the setacl command. The output may be redirected into a file, then the output file can be used as input to the setacl command. This technique is useful for assigning the ACL on an existing file to one or more new files. For example: $ getacl file1 > entries_file $ setacl -U entries_file file2 file3 file4 The getacl command displays the access control lists of those files that resides in directories that the user has search permissions to. ACLs may be set on files and directories if ACLs are disabled on the system, but ACL access checks and ACL inheritance won't take place. The getacl command will print a warning if ACLs are disabled on the system. Not all types of filesystems support ACLs. The getacl command will print a warning if ACLs are not supported on the filesystem. EXIT VALUES
If successful, the getacl command exits with a status of zero. Otherwise, this command exits with a status of 1 if it aborted because of syntax errors, or if the ACL of one or more files could not be accessed. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: setacl(1) Files: acl(4). Security delim off getacl(1)