Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Status of Badging System - Beta 1 Post 303028608 by Neo on Friday 11th of January 2019 03:58:45 AM
Old 01-11-2019
Update:
  • Testing is going well. Worked out a very few minor bugs with the alerts formatting.
  • Installed the alert code to mobile (bottom of the screen) and testing. Works fine.
  • Still testing for exceptional conditions, etc.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

system status report script

hi i m new to this forum as well as UNIX. I've got an assignment but i don't know how can I start it. can anyone please help to tell me how can I start it? I added here few lines from my assignment. In industry, it is common for a single organisation to provide technical support for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

System status query script

Hi, I am trying to access and read certain lines from a configuration XML file on multiple servers (within the LAN). Fortunately the file name and path is always the same for all servers. An example extract of the file is as follows: <DUMMY-SMSC>false</DUMMY-SMSC> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaz8212
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Listing Live System Status

1. Edit a script named update.sh that generates status.html in your web directory: ~/public_html/. I need to write specific commands to show each specific item 2. The generated webpage should include information related to: UNIX : kernel version of ed-lab server USER : number of users on the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: devinj
13 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

New Badging System - Badges Prototype Beta 1 (Badges Only)

Today I mapped out the new badging system using FA icons, Beta 1 in no particular order except a 6 x 8 grid: https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture991.png The prototype HTML code for this layout: <style> .fa-badge-grid { font-size: 1.5em; } .row { ... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
38 Replies

5. Web Development

Notes with Ravinder on Badging System Development Part II

Part II: Current PHP file Beta 73 Not Optimized: <?php $version = 73; $query = "SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user WHERE userid='" . $uid . "'"; $usertable = $db->query_read_slave($query); $modaluser = $db->fetch_array($usertable); $modaluser = gmdate("d F Y", $modaluser); $modaluser... (48 Replies)
48 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Badging System: UNIX.COM Bug Hunter Badge (New)

I have moved the bug badge out of reserve and into the main stream. Basically, I will assign a color level like the others, based on who has made a good actionable bug report for UNIX.COM. "Good" means screenshots, links, and even details from web dev tools our the HTML source code. So far,... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
UPSCLI_LIST_START(3)						    NUT Manual						      UPSCLI_LIST_START(3)

NAME
upscli_list_start - begin multi-item retrieval from a UPS SYNOPSIS
#include <upsclient.h> int upscli_list_start(UPSCONN_t *ups, int numq, const char **query) DESCRIPTION
The upscli_list_start() function takes the pointer ups to a UPSCONN_t state structure, and the pointer query to an array of numq query elements. It builds a properly-formatted request from those elements and transmits it to upsd(8). Upon success, the caller must call upscli_list_next(3) to retrieve the elements of the list. Failure to retrieve the list will most likely result in the client getting out of sync with the server due to buffered data. USES
This function implements the "LIST" command in the protocol. As a result, you can use it to request many different things from the server. Some examples are: o LIST UPS o LIST VAR <ups> o LIST RW <ups> o LIST CMD <ups> o LIST ENUM <ups> <var> o LIST RANGE <ups> <var> QUERY FORMATTING
To see the list of variables on a UPS called su700, the protocol command would be LIST VAR su700. To start that list with this function, you would populate query and numq as follows: int numq; const char *query[2]; query[0] = "VAR"; query[1] = "su700"; numq = 2; All escaping of special characters and quoting of elements with spaces are handled for you inside this function. ERROR CHECKING
This function checks the response from upsd(8) against your query. If it is not starting a list, or is starting the wrong type of list, it will return an error code. When this happens, upscli_upserror(3) will return UPSCLI_ERR_PROTOCOL. RETURN VALUE
The upscli_list_start() function returns 0 on success, or -1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
upscli_fd(3), upscli_get(3), upscli_readline(3), upscli_sendline(3), upscli_ssl(3), upscli_strerror(3), upscli_upserror(3) Network UPS Tools 05/31/2012 UPSCLI_LIST_START(3)