Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cd then mkdir from script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cd then mkdir from script Post 303028472 by dpawson on Wednesday 9th of January 2019 03:38:42 AM
Old 01-09-2019
Stripped test.
Code:
current directory = /a
target= /b
mn=`date  +%y%m`

I want to
Code:
cd to $tgt
cp /a/*.jpg to ./${mn}

I can't get my head round the shell script working directory vs current working directory
Hence the failed chxdir script

Last edited by Neo; 01-09-2019 at 05:58 AM.. Reason: Second time we have added code tags ... please add them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mkdir limitations

What characters can't be used with a mkdir? Any limits on length of name? Thank you, Randy M. Zeitman http://www.StoneRoseDesign.com (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: flignar
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkdir

Hi, I look for a script to create 150 directories : d000 d001 d002 ... ... d149 would you help me please ? I think it would be for i mkdir d$i Many thanks. PS : #uname -a AIX fserver 3 5 0050691A4C00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mkdir

Is there ant way to increase max number of folders in the directory from the 32766: Problem UFS: shell>mkdir mmm mkdir: mmm: Too many links But there are no links, just folders. shell>ls | wc -l 32766 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find jpg's mkdir script help

I am having a problem getting this to work right. The script needs to search through directories and subdirectories. If a jpg is found then create a folder in that directory, so on and so forth. Here is what I have so far but it doesn't work right. Help please #!/bin/bash for d in `find ./... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jedhypes
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mkdir

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Do the procedure, which if there are 5 parameters then it creates 4 directories with names of 4 parameters, in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bolones
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for mkdir with permissions

Hello, I'm pretty new to scripting and trying to do a simple (well, I thought so) administrator task. I'm using bash. I want to create 10 directories under the one directory and apply permissions at the same time. I've worked out the make directories part: mkdir /userdata/folder{1..50}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimothy007
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mkdir utility

Howdy, Puttering around in unix, and read this in the mkdir man page: "The mkdir utility creates the directories named as operands..." What does this mean, i.e. as operands? Many thanks, DN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danuke
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script: "mkdir -p" doesn't work with var(cat x)

Hello, :) I've an issue with the creation of a directory, All work without it :mad: So, below, my scripts with the debug output : #!/bin/bash # PATHS HOME_BACKUP="/home/backup" HOME_SCRIPT="/home/scripts/test/backup_server" TARGET="/var/www" # DATE DATE_Ymd=$(date +%Y-%m-%d) #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mkdir

hi linux expert what is a difference between: mkdir test and mkdir ./test and also if ( -e /test ) then and if ( -e ./test ) then thanks in advance Please use icode or code tags next time for your code and data (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003a
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use script to mkdir based on file's data

I have a file with lines like: 111 12 7 111 13 8 112 12 9 115 31 3 120 31 9 123 10 7 125 12 I want to make a script which, split the first column into parts (101-110, 111-120...), and make directories for its part with name (101-110, 111-120...) Also i want in every directory include... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: efsarantis
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)